TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How many Tesla’s have you sold so far..

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by LEE3, Sep 1, 2019.

1. LEE3

LEE3 Member

I thought it would be interesting and a bit of fun to gage the interest from friends and family who have seen your car considering Tesla claim the majority of their orders are from connections to previous purchases.

So far I’ve sold one model 3 performance, a model Y and potentially a third M3 with a neighbour managing to appear every time I leave the house with lots of preplanned buying questions.

I’m finding only the technophobes who are scared of touch screens and phones with no buttons are not buying.

It’s quite fun to watch the mindset change once you show a few features and explain the ease of charging. I’m thinking I can get six sales from my immediate network of contacts. Maybe another few from golf.

Anyone else selling Tesla’s?

2. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK L plates

Our potential list is rapidly dwindling. My wife had a whole queue of people wanting a look but I think that ship has sailed... unlike the one with ours on.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
  3. MyJoule

MyJoule Member

I'm in the US, If you count the myself as a buyer, since we have more than one- I think my total is now 10 however, my most recent one (Aug 2019) was the only one in the last year

4. djgillett

djgillett Member

Same, I haven't even successfully bought mine yet, let alone sold any to friends and family!

5. LEE3

LEE3 Member

Generally the initial view point seems to be ‘I've been in a Prius so I know what these electric cars drive like’. Then after the first three hundred yards it changes to ‘oh wow this is very much not a Prius’.

• Funny x 1
  6. phillcom3

phillcom3 Member

Funy how a salesman makes a hefty commision. Yiu get a thousand miles worth about 50 quid...

7. Artiste

Artiste Member

I haven’t got my M3 yet, but I think I’ve been putting people off. My accounts of Tesla’s appalling communication skills and utterly shambolic back office operations are certainly not encouraging anyone I know. Perhaps that will change when I finally get my car, but for now I can only go on my own experience, which is a zillion times worse than any car manufacturer I’ve ever dealt with.

• Like x 4
  8. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Member

Not Tesla salesmen at least not at the moment afaik, for traditional car dealers you end up paying their commission one way or another included in your purchase price.

The thousand free miles is a gimmick but better than nothing and I am sure the 'winner' of the quarterly draws will be happy, yes I am sad that there are no more decent referral bonuses

9. elecTED

elecTED Member

How can we be sure you are not Mr Musk?