Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many Tesla hater you have run into on the road ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cbdream99

Apr 8, 2017
DFW
It's not the first incident, I have came across multiple times and none of them is my fault. For example,

While driving within speed limit on local highway, the car in front slowed down to < 40mph (55/60 is the limit) and wouldn't yield until he reached to a junction where he moved on but he lower the window and yell at me.

Another incident is the lady in front of me won't pull out the parking lot for more than 5 minutes even if it is all cleared to go

Same thing happened the other night in the red lights.

What's wrong with these people ? I haven't cut in front of any of them or offended them even remotely. Being in Texas, obviously confronting them is a bad idea ...

On the positive side, lots of people give praises and interested in the Tesla...

Hundreds if not thousands but I don't own a Tesla yet, take delivery of new model X in the next 2 weeks. I get abused almost daily cycling, but it's the same crowd since I live in a rural redneck area of California. Having 6 tons of Tesla wrapped around me when these same clowns want to play games won't bother me at and it takes a lot more courage to mess with someone when they are in a car vs defenseless cycling.

maybe it's not the car, maybe it's your driving? first story sounds like you were tailgating. Second story sounds pretty implausible actually. You were in a parking lot waiting to leave for 5 minutes? I just don't believe that at all.
I've only gotten thumbs ups from random people while driving.

Reactions: dhrivnak
While driving within speed limit on local highway, the car in front slowed down to < 40mph (55/60 is the limit) and wouldn't yield until he reached to a junction where he moved on but he lower the window and yell at me.

That was me. You were driving too slow in the left lane -- "within the speed limit". I was showing you what it is like to have someone slow in front of you. you were supposed to get over to the right lane. I yelled "slower traffic keep right".

maybe it's not the car, maybe it's your driving? first story sounds like you were tailgating. Second story sounds pretty implausible actually. You were in a parking lot waiting to leave for 5 minutes? I just don't believe that at all.
I've only gotten thumbs ups from random people while driving.

Actually in the first story, I was on the left lane first and he's in the left lane, after he passed me about 5-6 cars, I decided to move to the right lane and he slowed down way before I catch up with him.

The parking lot is the teenagers driving a minvan, when I frustrated and taking a risk to take over, she mumbled "I ain't going to move, you can't make me"

That was me. You were driving too slow in the left lane -- "within the speed limit". I was showing you what it is like to have someone slow in front of you. you were supposed to get over to the right lane. I yelled "slower traffic keep right".

Amen. That was my first thought. Here in Florida it is very common to move in front of a car not passing and slow it down until it moves over. Then accelerate off into the distance. For the life of me I cannot understand why troopers don't enforce the law. It causes frustration, is dangerous, lost productivity and added cost of infrastructure to not keep the left lane open unless passing. BTW...It is not "slower traffic keep right" it is keep right unless you are passing. Huge difference because every ass clown has a different idea of what fast and slow is.

Last edited:
Amen. That was my first thought. Here in Florida it is very common to move in front of a car not passing and slow it down until it moves over. Then accelerate off into the distance. For the life of me I cannot understand why troopers don't enforce the law. It causes frustration, is dangerous, lost productivity and added cost of infrastructure to not keep the left lane open unless passing. BTW...It is not "slower traffic keep right" it is keep right unless you are passing. Huge difference because every ass clown has a different idea of what fast and slow is.

Ha! Reminds me of this gif posted to reddit.