Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many Tesla Owners are Vegetarians/Vegans?

What is your daily diet?

• Vegetarian

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Vegan

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Omnivore

Votes: 45 70.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes I encounter people that call themselves Vegetarians but still eat fish...
They are actually pescetarians. (Sounds like a religion, doesn't it)?

That's where I'd like to go for health reasons. There is a mounting body of evidence that shows pescetarianism is probably the healthiest diet available. Once or twice a week I'll do pure vegan, or throw some feta cheese on a salad and call myself a vegetarian. But tonight I had an 18oz rib-eye at The Geneva Chophouse. Damn, it was good.

I guess I would have had to admit to being an omnivore. But I haven't put down anything on a Model S yet, so I didn't vote either.

Most have animal products in the crust (lard), or in the filling, (pectin), unless you pay more and buy the veggie style.
Not around here. For Thanksgiving I made some apple pies. The apples came from the tree outside of our kitchen window. The flour in the crust was from wheat grown in the Champlain Valley of Vermont, about 1.5 hrs from here, and I ground the wheat berries myself in a small stone mill just prior to baking the pie. We often buy butter from a local organic creamery and I'd like to say I used that for the crust but... I used some butter from another VT creamery instead.:smile: Oh, and I forgot to mention that I baked one of them in a home-made ceramic pie plate.

I don't think most store bought apple pies have lard anymore. Aren't they mostly made with some kind of hydrogenated fat like margarine or something?

This must be me. I'm on a see food diet.

I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

I'm not saying this is the story for everyone, but I know a woman who is a personal trainer. She says she's vegan because she wants to ingest pure, all-natural stuff to treat her body right. The ironic thing though, is that she needs to take man-made supplements to provide nutrients that are found in the foods she avoids.

Brings back to mind the other thread about people driving 30 minutes to save 10 cents/gallon on gas.

I think it varies. The group I know (vegan aside) don't typically unless it's like a one-a-day. Tough, I'd assume they'd take less than someone doing the same activities on a more restricted diet.

Body builders and extreme sports people definitely need extra nutrients though