Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many Tesla's in New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Tesla Registrations
September 2022 = 1,554 YTD = 4,193
Model S = 0 YTD = 0
Model 3 = 52 YTD = 2.101
Model X = 0 YTD = 0
Model Y = 1,502 YTD = 2,092

Total 2021 = 3290 (S=4) (X=3) (3=3283)
Total 2020 = 593 (S=27) (X=55) (3=511)
Total 2019 = 802 (S=56) (X=89) (3=657)
Total 2018 = 254 (S=108) (X=146)
Total 2017 = 244 (S=128) (X=116)

• Informative
Reactions: Ecoli
Interesting how this thread has evolved over the years. From "oh some new cars, neat" to "wow that's a lot, no wonder the LTE network and the service centre are struggling to cope." I don't think many would really have forecast these numbers. I feel like I see a Y every time I go out and it's only been 2 months!

• Love
Reactions: Audietron
Interesting how this thread has evolved over the years. From "oh some new cars, neat" to "wow that's a lot, no wonder the LTE network and the service centre are struggling to cope." I don't think many would really have forecast these numbers. I feel like I see a Y every time I go out and it's only been 2 months!
Used to wave, now there is just to many
Maybe need a software update
lazy Joe mode
Now your car can recognize other Tesla's and automatically wave or shout hello
Coming soon the ability recognize inferior EV's, fart in their direction while quoting from Monty Python and The Holy Grail

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Audietron
lazy Joe mode
Coming soon the ability recognize inferior EV's, fart in their direction while quoting from Monty Python and The Holy Grail

If only Elonta would listen to you...

Don't give ideas.... they will start charging for phantom breaking, recent started happening again 😬

• Funny
Reactions: Ecoli
lazy Joe mode

I find the early regulars still wave and it’s pretty low percentage with anyone in a newer car.