TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How Many Tesla's

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by 100%power, Apr 15, 2017.

1. 100%power

100%power 100% Power

I will be picking up my New Tesla in Cincinnati this coming Monday, l live in Michigan , Detroit metropolitan area. I heard they are getting close to get hopefully a license to open Center here in Detroit area. Does any know where I can find how many owners of Tesla's are in each state?? This would be helpful for me Reasoning to me if there are not enough of owners in this state or others will dictate or not when or where this might happen,matter of Financial cost and of course this is Motor Capital controlled by major combustion driven vehicles , that i can't stay for sure if this is one of the reason why there are no centers here as of yet. Thank you again , will be a proud owner very soon.....h

2. Tam

Tam Active Member

I think you got the right word. Tesla is just waiting for Michigan law to allow it to open business there.

Otherwise, if you got enough Tesla owners, you all can fill up a town hall meeting yourself to demand a Tesla friendly law.

3. JHWJR

JHWJR Member

Fire your legislators. And I wouldn't mind if it was quickly.

• Like x 1
  4. 100%power

100%power 100% Power

Thank you glad you can see my point, they said there will be one, fact is could be tommrow or 3 or 4 years from now, hopefully not. I was trying to find out how many owner they are, then grass root that license into effect. I am glad you live in a more I think very liberal state that things happen so fast, due to your environmental impact, which is visible ,which all state should have reguardless where you live the county should be equality in that respect for all. lol I know that's not the reality of it yet.

5. 100%power

100%power 100% Power

Yes you have 2 points that are way up high that I give you. if you get my drift ,I had to see Tesla's models in Women section of the store between cosmetic and lingerie. Tucked quietly in one tiny enclosed section the had only model X that could barely in with doors open.
    I felt like I was sneaking in on some perverted place that was not to be seen in, like a perverted Craiglist meeting place that was illegal.Yeas this is true. Where else have you purchase items of this caliber at?

• Funny x 2
  6. Tam

Tam Active Member

Exactly! The Michigan law has transformed Tesla into a desirable forbidden fruit.

There are about 400 Tesla owners as reported last year in:

Michigan Tesla owners now giving out test drives

7. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 2
  8. 100%power

100%power 100% Power

9. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

Hello from Cincinnati!

Tesla Store Blue Ash is a nice location — Store, Service Center, and Supercharger all in one! If you've got time, stop at Blue Ash Chili on your way out for an authentic taste of Cincinnati's weird regional cuisine.

</off-topic>

10. 100%power

100%power 100% Power

Thanks Tam, that's is exactly the information I was looking for, 400 cars all over the state ,I don't think it would be financially profitable situation to add a repair Center here like some of other states have. Maybe Dealership without the service dept to pay mechanics to just sit around .Tesla needs some good PR and showroom to sell more vehicles in this state. I personally had to dig the internet to find one, it give my closest one in Cleveland , Cincinnati Ohio,Chicago.
    I don't know why Michigan dragging there feets for license just peice of paper,Are they Schneider and all getting some sort of positive initiative to take along time to justify these dealership,? If they only see 400 cars are effected,. I think it's going to long time before they act on this issue very sad. It always pays to advertise Which I seen none here as of yet.. and the dealer will be still back in some unknown small corner of Dept.store like I found to be.:(

11. 100%power

100%power 100% Power

12. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

The service centers are not built for profit.

It's Michigan state laws preventing showrooms [not called dealerships]. It's going to affect far more cars as soon as Model 3 deliveries start.

The don't advertise but they do marketing.

13. 100%power

100%power 100% Power

Thanks Derek,

I wish I could sound great,but I was just informed now that my car pickup for this Monday is now postponed . The car that I was supposed to be mine, they shipped another car that looked very close to mine.
    Apologized to me and said that the car that car belongs to another customer. And now I have to wait again for them to ship my car from Indianapolis and then checked out. They said maybe next weekend but who knows. Keeping my toes crossed had everything in place. Lol

14. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

Because the car dealership lobby is a powerful one in Michigan. They want Tesla to sell cars through franchised dealerships so the dealership owners can take a cut on sales and service.

Tesla refuses to play that game. Eventually the state will cave to popular pressure (the only people that like dealerships are the dealerships and the politicians they lobby), and Tesla knows that.

15. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

Well that sucks. You'd think they would've verified that it was your car by VIN first.

Why not just go get it in Indy? It's at worst a few miles further away than Cincinnati.

16. 100%power

100%power 100% Power

Derek, Yes I did exactly that I received the text at 4:34 regarding my delay, I told them be happy to travel to Indianapolis ,where my father lives very close to drop off my car for tradein and pickup mine? I sent text out at 5:40 and as never received a reply yet, I know they hours are 7 pm on weekdays,not sure on weekends. Thanks guy ,if you have any more good ideas like to hear them. Thanks again

17. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

It's not just the dealership lobby, it's GM itself that lobbied for the change in Michigan law to prevent Tesla from opening stores. GM has similarly lobbied in other states in support of their dealers to prevent direct sales. Their position seems to be "If we have to be stuck with dealerships, then Tesla should have to be stuck with dealerships too."

18. melindav

melindav ☰ reserved

not specific to Tesla, but this site lists 1,409 BEVs registered in MI - so maybe 25% of those...

• Informative x 1
  19. 100%power

100%power 100% Power

Thanks you for getting that info. Out of 1,400 wander how many actually are used for daily transportation . I pray that Elon Musk master plan will come into light if model 3 projections are realized , and for sure it will turn the tide for EV market to make the big 3 really step up to the plate to make more competition which will bring along change in human perception of the reallity capability that EVs can perform,begin to make some sort difference in Co2 emissions and non renewable fossil fuels. When they had electric cars in 1900's, I am almost sure if oil conglomerates and possibly HeneryFord ,JP Morgan, Rockefellers had not possibly Intervened I could image this world woud have much less environmental impact possibly that we have in transportation today.

Just to keep you updated,.Tesla call me and mixup in my car delivery, now hopefully maybe have it by this weekend., again I did ask them what happen and they still have no logical answer yet , if it does happen I'll be able to try some of that well known Blue Ash chili in Cincinnati ,that Derek Kessler spoke about .

Had also had some questions for the center representatives ask them I heard not to good to charge cells all the way to 100 % They said it would not damage the battery's cells at all, quote "only thing that will happen it will take a lot longer charging time to top the cells off to 100%. Do they have that information wrong ? ,that it would cause no damage what so ever. or will It Compromised by charging to 100%, who's right and who's wrong?? I am getting conflicting answers .

20. melindav

melindav ☰ reserved

the podcast "The Tesla Show" recently had a 2-part show(s) with a battery PhD that was really informative.
    Explained why Li-Ion will have an initial capacity drop (essentially the batteries seasoning themselves) and leaving the battery with no charge (0%) or at full (100%) will have that same effect as that initial 'seasoning' that can make the battery's ability in moving electrons less efficient. Going to 100% and then using it isn't an issue. It's leaving the battery at that state for a prolonged time.
    48 – Batteries: Part 1
    49 – Batteries: Part 2
    check out their show - much more information than I paraphrased :)