Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many times has your car been in service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2014 Model S on 60 k miles which my wife has owned for 18 ish months. 4 or 5 service visits. CCS upgrade, MCU failure, mapping system failure, door handle failure (twice as they didn’t do a very good job first time) and a couple of other minor issues that slip my mind at this moment in time. To be fair to Tesla, about half the visits have been goodwill / free of charge. On top of that, there are a few things I have done myself which some people may have gone to service for. This include disks (rotors) and pads due to corrosion, cleaning up the parking brake callipers / pads / sliders due to failing the MOT test on efficiency, changing the pollen filter and some tyres. All the things I have done myself I consider to be expected maintenance for a car of this age.

• Car delivered with alignment that was off and a speaker cable that was visible due to the speaker not being mounted flush.
  • During alignment visit, vehicle had steering wheel scratched. Required another visit.
  • Car was delivered with a scratch/dent on interior driver door sill. This was accepted at the time of delivery, and the SC offered to fix it at a time that is convenient to me. Just prior to this visit, rear trunk started not shutting consistently. Both issues addressed in the same visit
  • Spoiler started detaching. Upcoming mobile service visit to repair it

Outside of the alignment, scratch/dent at delivery, and the scratch by the service center; the Tesla has only had two real issues. The spoiler detaching, and the rear trunk alignment needing correction after a few months.

Reactions: CaptainKrunch