Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many tire changes so far?

How many tires have you changed?

• Greater than 4

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In almost two years I have owned my X, I have driven close to 30k miles and have changed 7 tires so far. 5 due to side wall gash or punctures and 2 due to wear and tear. This is more than I am used to for 30k miles. While road condition plays an important role, weight could be causing some issues? I have lived in same neighborhood for many years now and driven same routes for most part.

What has been experience of other owners? How many tires have you changed? Over how many miles?

I always change all four tires at once :)
The larger diameter tires/wheels are lower profile so tend to more prone to damage. You really need to be careful of potholes, curbs, etc.
I've changed 8 tires on 19" wheels over 70,000 miles. Winter tires are new this year. Summer tires have 10,000 miles on them (and miles to go before they sleep).

Last edited:
One flat in 23,000 miles. Fixed with a rubber plug.
Still got significant tread left
Expect to get a new set around 30,000. Continentals doing really well.

NJ and NY are notorious for bad roads. Maybe that has someting to do with OP's bad luck with tires.

Thought about your weight concern, but lots of other full sized SUVs have similar weight.

• Informative
Reactions: VMark