Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how many traffic tickets have you got since getting an m3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So there is plenty of discussion about the P3D and whether one would want to move from the RWD to P3D. I wondered how many people actually get to enjoy the P3D. Aren't you concerned about getting a ticket. I moved here to the East coast from LA and the speed limits are insanely low everywhere and there seems to be cops out all over the place. I got pulled over on my first day here about 5 minutes from leaving my new apartment and again one from a camera in DC (never knew they had fixed cameras and I was just following traffic flow). I now just drive with autopilot on set at the incredibly low speed limit to prevent me being tempted to give it some juice. I just live for short 0-30 or 0-55 bursts when hitting on ramps which is kind of lame. Do P3D owners all have radar detectors and how effective are they? Getting points on your license here sucks too compared to Cali where you can get your first ticket wiped away by doing traffic school.

Not speeding ticket and in my leaf.

With hov decal stickers 2 years in I thought I was untouchable and crossed the HOV lane. $500!

I think with the influx of first time carpool sticker drivers, I could see chp being more on the lookout for this.

I use Waze as well but installed a Uniden R3 as well. It has already saved me twice.

EBF8D379-7AB5-4AF8-B676-118149FB550B.jpg

I did not personally install it but I did have them follow this video. It is for a dash cam but the power requirement is the same. Really important to only connect to power under the center console otherwise you are likely to get errors on your screen. Good luck!

Reactions: logan
So there is plenty of discussion about the P3D and whether one would want to move from the RWD to P3D. I wondered how many people actually get to enjoy the P3D. Aren't you concerned about getting a ticket. I moved here to the East coast from LA and the speed limits are insanely low everywhere and there seems to be cops out all over the place. I got pulled over on my first day here about 5 minutes from leaving my new apartment and again one from a camera in DC (never knew they had fixed cameras and I was just following traffic flow). I now just drive with autopilot on set at the incredibly low speed limit to prevent me being tempted to give it some juice. I just live for short 0-30 or 0-55 bursts when hitting on ramps which is kind of lame. Do P3D owners all have radar detectors and how effective are they? Getting points on your license here sucks too compared to Cali where you can get your first ticket wiped away by doing traffic school.
I use the speed warning "dinger". I have it set to 5 over. It's a good reminder and I ease off when I hear it. So far, no tickets. So easy to go way too fast in any Model 3.

Interesting question. I used to own a Honda S2000 which appeared to be a speeding ticket magnet. Over a 10 year period I probably got 10 speeding tickets, about half of them in North Carolina on secondary roads while I was on vacation.

The S2000 is a fast car but not even close to a Tesla.

So when I bought my Model S I thought that my speeding ticket record would get even worse. I drive the Model S and now my Model 3 pretty aggressively, probably more aggressively than the S2000, but I haven't gotten a single speeding ticket for the Teslas.

I think this has less to do with my driving than the fact that in general most drivers go much faster. For example, on I-95 I tend to keep my speed between 75 and 80 and still quite a few drivers blow by me. And people also tend to go much faster on secondary roads. So when I exceed the speed limit today, I'm only one of many doing it, and I think the police tolerate a lot more than they used to.

Interesting question. I used to own a Honda S2000 which appeared to be a speeding ticket magnet. Over a 10 year period I probably got 10 speeding tickets, about half of them in North Carolina on secondary roads while I was on vacation.

The S2000 is a fast car but not even close to a Tesla.

So when I bought my Model S I thought that my speeding ticket record would get even worse. I drive the Model S and now my Model 3 pretty aggressively, probably more aggressively than the S2000, but I haven't gotten a single speeding ticket for the Teslas.

I think this has less to do with my driving than the fact that in general most drivers go much faster. For example, on I-95 I tend to keep my speed between 75 and 80 and still quite a few drivers blow by me. And people also tend to go much faster on secondary roads. So when I exceed the speed limit today, I'm only one of many doing it, and I think the police tolerate a lot more than they used to.
Cop doesn't first hear the roar of your engine and the smoke from your tires. You are now a (little) less conspicuous! ;) Oh! wait a minute, you said Honda...:)