Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many vehicles beside your Model S do you have?

How many vehicles beside your Model S do you have?

• None (my only vehicles are Model S)

Votes: 53 21.1%

Votes: 85 33.9%

Votes: 51 20.3%

Votes: 28 11.2%

Votes: 16 6.4%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 18 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ballooning can be fun and relatively inexpensive in you have friends for crew. It is amazing how well trading rides for crewing works... I was considering an X that could be used for chasing, but for everything else, it's just too big for me and is not a real, off-road SUV. The Cherokee and FJ will continue as balloon tow vehicles.

Excuse my deviation from the topic here a bit...

I grew up in Kansas and went along with my parents who would crew for rides. But I live in the Seattle area now and water and balloons just don't mix (even if it's not raining, the ground is usually wet so you'd have to dry the envelope after flying which is a pain). Which brings me down to a very narrow few months where I would be able to fly and makes it hard to justify.

My Model S is my daily driver and the one I'll drive for "family" driving, if it's up to me.
Unloaded two ICEs: an Acura I couldn't stand having around and a Forester I couldn't justify keeping anymore.
Kept one ICE (another Forester) for She Who Must Be Obeyed. It sits in the driveway a lot.

I have three other vehicles, one for my wife - Toyota Sienna, one for my daughter Ford Fusion Hybrid, and one for my son - Supercharged FJ Cruiser, plus the Telsa P85. My Tesla did more miles in 2014 than the other 3 vehicles combined (30,000 in one year). The Tesla is my daily driver and it is the primary vehicle for the whole family. We are discussing dumping the Sienna (its paid for) and buying another Tesla for my wife who drives 12K per year..

I voted "none"... which is a bit of a fib.

I currently have my old ICE still which I kept as a backup for while I had my powder coating done, and for next week while I'm having Paint Protection Film applied (full-wrap takes about a week). Once I no longer need it for those reasons I'll be putting the car up for sale by end of month.

Oh gosh, knew this would come up eventually.... No I haven't sold any of the other cars yet... Yes I know I should. :)

1992 Mercedes 300D, watching it rust in my office parking lot
1999 Mercedes S500 Grand Edition.. yeah, that's a keeper.
2004 Mercedes E320-4 wagon... wife needs car.
1991 Alfa Romeo 164L.. hasn't seen the light of day fin at least 6 or 7 years.. maybe a project for when my 5 year old son is old enough to drive.

Also found out State Farm has a limit on their multicar discount... can't remember if it's 4 cars or 5 cars, but I'm at (or past) the limit.

I should really sell the diesel but it's such a perfect year-round backup car and would fetch next to nothing if I sold it. Yeah that's what I tell myself. :)

95% of the time the Model S is driven, and the other 5% is in the wagon (when the wife is driving the wagon). It's the best by far.

-m

1992 Mercedes 300D, watching it rust in my office parking lot
1999 Mercedes S500 Grand Edition.. yeah, that's a keeper.
2004 Mercedes E320-4 wagon... wife needs car.
1991 Alfa Romeo 164L..

Model S - daily driver
McLaren 12C - fun car (Model S is fun too!)
Fiat 500E - city car shared with my wife
Mercedes GL450 - hauler
56 Ford Sunliner - classic

Soon to be P85D (daily driver)
2013 Jeep Wrangler 2dr/6speed (current daily driver)
2015 BMW X5 (wife's car)
1997 Porsche 993 Andial 3.8 TT
2013 Lotus Exige Cup V6 (track only)
2014 Caterham SP300R (track only)
1957/2009 Beck 356 replica
2007 Lotus Exige (mostly track and f/s)

-- Tesla goes here --
2010 Chevy Traverse - the only other "daily driver" - this one gets replaced with the Model X this year.
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD - haul vehicle for the tractors and other implements on my orchard
1965 Pontiac LeMans GTO - can be driven as a daily driver, but the 389 is incredibly expensive to start, much less run and COINCIDENTALLY built in the same factory as my Model S!
1988 F-600 60' bucket truck - not exactly your "cruisin' around" vehicle.
1964 1/2 Ford Mustang - can be driven as a daily driver, but I'd rather keep it in good condition

Wow, we have a lot of automotive pack rats (hoarders?) in this forum! Tesla must have a support group for these poor souls... :biggrin:

Wife has a 2009 Volvo S 80 (great vehicle)

I have a 2001 Toyota Sienna. It is a workhorse and good for bad weather days (like today) as well as trips to Home Depot/Lowes. My MS would not be happy if it were loaded with plywood, drywall or other such building materials :eek:

I voted 2, but it's more like 1.5. :)

Also in my garage is a 2007 Toyota Sienna which will shortly take over from our Model S as the family outing vehicle. We're expecting twins in the next month or so and already have 3 kids. I have rear facing seats on order so I hope they arrive soon. I'm hoping to replace the Sienna with a Model X at some point if the interior volume is as good, if not I might end up with a full size van at some point.

Finally I've got a 1995 Dodge Neon ACR that I picked up just under a year ago with a friend that we will hopefully campaign in a chumpcar race later this year.