Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many vehicles beside your Model S do you have?

How many vehicles beside your Model S do you have?

• None (my only vehicles are Model S)

Votes: 53 21.1%

Votes: 85 33.9%

Votes: 51 20.3%

Votes: 28 11.2%

Votes: 16 6.4%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 18 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still have my ICE which was my first car. A 2003 Toyota Celica, that I got used in 2011. The Model S is the only other car I have owned, and since I took delivery in August I have not driven the Celica ONCE except to drive it around for 15 minutes every week so the battery doesn't die. An annoying useless chore :p

Once I have a driveway or parking garage it'll be a lot easier to just trickle charge the battery so I don't need to babysit it anymore. I'm keeping it because my friend is going to get her license soon and doesn't have a car to practice on. After that, once the Model 3 comes out I'll probably get rid of it.

To be technically accurate, as of last Thursday, we have two Model S and one other vehicle.
We have retired our Signature Model S and bought (leased) a Leaf.

So while the two of us do own three cars, all three are electric.
Which argues against the author's point.

My wife has a Model S. I have a Roadster. We have no other vehicles. We drive about 22K miles/year. I drive the Roadster for my work commuting. I have to drive anywhere from 40 to 170 miles round trip on an unpredictable erratic schedule. We use the Model S for long road trips and love it.

My parents each have a Model S. They have no other vehicles.

Last edited:
I voted "None" although I don't quite qualify just yet; my Model S is coming in March and I plan to sell my current car then. The only thing it won't be able to do for me is tow, and I only need that once every year or two, so I'll just rent a truck on those rare occasions. The current car can't tow either, so no change there!

Recently there was an article (which will remain nameless and unlinked) that was critical of Tesla and said that the Model S was just a toy for people that already had 3-4 other vehicles. I don't think this is really true, so I figured I'd start a poll. If you have multiple Model S vehicles please don't count them.

How about a Tesla Roadster?

Other none automotive vehicles? Airplanes, helicopters, balloons, bicycles, boats, etc?

To be technically accurate, as of last Thursday, we have two Model S and one other vehicle.
We have retired our Signature Model S and bought (leased) a Leaf.

So while the two of us do own three cars, all three are electric.
Which argues against the author's point.

Same here, or should I say "similar situation here" actually. We have had my wife's 2012 Nissan Leaf for 25-months (it is a 39-month term lease). We traded in my Audi Allroad wagon for the Tesla Model S. So we have two cars, the Tesla being now our primary driver and the Leaf being a backup when we drive separate (we work together at my business).

As such we have 2 cars, but the Tesla is the primary, both cars are 100% EV electric ... so yeah, this poll is only going to provide so much depth to the data. You/I are probably outliers, though. I'd speculate that MOST Tesla owners have an ICE car at home in conjunction with their Tesla, but I could be wrong there...

The interesting piece of data here that the poll isn't capturing is that even if my car wasn't a model S, I would still own 4 cars. I've got 3 drivers in the house, and I would still own the Honda Civic for the aupair's personal use to reduce my overall risk.

So perhaps we are asking the wrong question, or need to ask another.

Realistically I could have asked several questions like. How many ICE vehicles do you have. How many Tesla's do you own? Do you drive your Tesla as your primary vehicle? And as you point out how many drivers do you have.

How about a Tesla Roadster?

Other none automotive vehicles? Airplanes, helicopters, balloons, bicycles, boats, etc?

Roadsters count as another vehicle (because of how I phrased the question). Wouldn't count aircraft, watercraft or bicycles.

If you have a Hot Air Balloon I'm jealous. Would love to have one but wouldn't get to fly much here.

I voted "0", since I think the point is what other ICE cars do you have. As of the arrival of my wife's P85D, we are now an all-electric all-Tesla garage!

That's the correct way to vote if all you have are Model S vehicles.

To quote Jerry Seinfeld: "More than any normal person would have"

I saw Jerry's Porsche 959 in for its annual maintenance at Canepa Motors in Scotts Valley CA last year. He must have a lot of cars...

- - - Updated - - -

In order of annual miles driven:

Model S - daily driver
McLaren 12C - fun car (Model S is fun too!)
Fiat 500E - city car shared with my wife
Mercedes GL450 - hauler
56 Ford Sunliner - classic

I like the "in order of annual miles driven" format...

Soon to be P85D (daily driver)
2013 Jeep Wrangler 2dr/6speed (current daily driver)
2015 BMW X5 (wife's car)
1997 Porsche 993 Andial 3.8 TT
2013 Lotus Exige Cup V6 (track only)
2014 Caterham SP300R (track only)
1957/2009 Beck 356 replica
2007 Lotus Exige (mostly track and f/s)

Roadsters count as another vehicle (because of how I phrased the question). Wouldn't count aircraft, watercraft or bicycles.

If you have a Hot Air Balloon I'm jealous. Would love to have one but wouldn't get to fly much here.

OK, that gets me down to two others. A real SUV in Boulder and Pagosa for tough off-pavement and deep snow conditions. OTOH, the D is proving to be quite the snow vehicle.

Sorry to be a pedantic pain in the a**, but making sure I understood the rules. :rolleyes:

Ballooning can be fun and relatively inexpensive in you have friends for crew. It is amazing how well trading rides for crewing works... I was considering an X that could be used for chasing, but for everything else, it's just too big for me and is not a real, off-road SUV. The Cherokee and FJ will continue as balloon tow vehicles.

Mine is the balloon on the right, "Crossfire," having its first balloon kiss with "Bad Dog."

Balloon Kiss.jpg

And people ask me if I get bored being retired... :biggrin:

I have 5 other vehicles - only one qualifies as a "daily driver" besides my Model S, and my wife usually drives it. In order - miles driven:

-- Tesla goes here --
2010 Chevy Traverse - the only other "daily driver" - this one gets replaced with the Model X this year.
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD - haul vehicle for the tractors and other implements on my orchard
1965 Pontiac LeMans GTO - can be driven as a daily driver, but the 389 is incredibly expensive to start, much less run and COINCIDENTALLY built in the same factory as my Model S!
1988 F-600 60' bucket truck - not exactly your "cruisin' around" vehicle.
1964 1/2 Ford Mustang - can be driven as a daily driver, but I'd rather keep it in good condition

Bottom line, if my family doesn't need two simultaneous vehicles, the Model S is what hauls my family of 6 around - road trips or local. The suggestion of it being a toy is just stupidity.