Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many ways to turn off traction control?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good point. I've only used PB on a RWD, which I've just traded in for a performance. I've only heard from others that TM still robs some power out of the corner, but haven't tried it on track myself yet. I'm interested to see the difference and will be installing the PB on my P and testing it against TM at Buttonwillow in a couple weeks. Will mainly be a gut-feel test, but I'll have the scan my tesla data to review afterwards.
I personally don't feel it takes away power at -10. I don't trust myself enough so I asked a pro driver on the Ring if he feels that TC limits power. He said that it does something with brakes, but he believes it's just ediff works to stop wheel hops and he didn't feel any TC related power cut.

Without track mode or even at 0 stability control with TM the power cut is undeniable even it releases full power much faster than on ICE. As far as I know MPP doesn't claim there is any advantage in party box vs track mode except ability to run full power cooling while finishing supercharging. And I hope that Tesla would eventually add this option to keep track mode while in charge, because you really lose a time and charge between rides or have to go with everything too hot.

Ah, right, still 2 separate boxes. This one is clearly of no value for M3P and it's not completely switching off TC.

One of our customers just unofficially broke the lap record at a track in California using our PB on a Performance Model 3. They also have the MoTeC display so when we get our hands on data we will be able to confirm whether it really is faster or not. The driver said it is faster, but that isn't quite enough for us to go on yet!

One of our customers just unofficially broke the lap record at a track in California using our PB on a Performance Model 3. They also have the MoTeC display so when we get our hands on data we will be able to confirm whether it really is faster or not. The driver said it is faster, but that isn't quite enough for us to go on yet!
That would be very interesting to see the data. And the insight!

Once party box is installed, can it be disabled on MCU via software to drive normally on the street off the track?

Hi guys, the ingenext box doesnt seem to cut it anymore. Was on 2020 software before and it worked great. Full power delivery.

With newer software the trottle is pulsating every second so its no longer possible to maintain smooth drifting on ice lakes.

Any sugestions how to remove all the nannys?

Hi guys, the ingenext box doesnt seem to cut it anymore. Was on 2020 software before and it worked great. Full power delivery.

With newer software the trottle is pulsating every second so its no longer possible to maintain smooth drifting on ice lakes.

Any sugestions how to remove all the nannys?

Reactions: MoreAgain
Im currently in talks with MPP, they are still developing software for it but it cant turn off all the nannys at the moment (tcs will still be on somehow)
i want to purchase the partybox, but also intersted in other solutions that can deactivate every single assist :)

Btw, kudos to MPP, they recommended the ingenext box back in 2019 when i was asking them for a solution for no assist back then!

If my Model 3 didn't have Track mode I'd already have an MPP Party Box in it. :)

So far the Stability Assist slider has given me plenty of leeway for my dry/wet road driving. For me the biggest test will be when I eventually get this thing in the snow.