Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many will be ordering rear facing seats? Poll

Will you be ordering the rear facing child seats?

• Definately ordering and putting the tikes in the back!

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Not ordering, I have no use for rear facing seats

Votes: 67 72.8%
  • Undecided, I need more information

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure. Kids are 55" and 53" at age 8.5 Would get seats if they are reasonably priced. Kids may get 1-year out of it if the vehicle is delivered by Q3 2012.
Sometimes one does things just to make their children happy :biggrin:

I will definetly order the seats, with 4 kids aged 7, 5, 3 and 1.5, it may have to pitch in as a model X surrogate for a while!
I predict that your kids will be fighting to get to ride in the rear-facing seats and, if you replace the S with an X, will miss the fun of seeing the world through the panoramic rear glass. You've got at least 4 years before you'll need the larger seats in the X for your crew.

These seats are causing some drama in my household. We have 3 girls, 8, 10 and 12, and they saw the rear seats on a Beta at the Tesla store and desperately want to ride in them, thinking they look "so cool." The older two will definitely be (are) too big and the third will be very close, but they won't take no for an answer. From my 10 year old, "but that is the only reason I ever wanted you to get that car!" I have to resist the opportunity to get "whined" into wasting $1500 on seats that will never be used.

These seats are causing some drama in my household. We have 3 girls, 8, 10 and 12, and they saw the rear seats on a Beta at the Tesla store and desperately want to ride in them, thinking they look "so cool." The older two will definitely be (are) too big and the third will be very close, but they won't take no for an answer. From my 10 year old, "but that is the only reason I ever wanted you to get that car!" I have to resist the opportunity to get "whined" into wasting $1500 on seats that will never be used.

lol !

I would really like to see those seats in person, ideally with the kids so they can try them / really like them as a ploy to soften up the wife (who honestly is not giving me much of a hard time, but every little bit counts when things get serious - i.e. checks are written).

Crossing fingers on that rumored Montreal Tesla dealership...

JP

No need for them at present, unless my other half suddenly produces 2 or 3 more kids… so I wont be ordering them as new, but I'd hope that they were available as a retrofit so I could add them later.

I am curious to know if the main rear seats / 2nd row can be folded down leaving a strong and flat loading area. Has anyone looked into this on a beta car ?

@PV4EV: yes, they can be folded down, leaving a huge area -- about the size of a full-size mattress. Which you could use to require the rear-racing seats in a year or so.....

Hmmm, not sure the mattress would be that useful. We think the last one went in on the bonnet of some Ferrari. Scratched the paint something rotten. The owner wasn’t to happy either...

for the avoidance of doubt ... I'm kidding.
It was a Ford.

I think.

Last edited:
Hmmm, not sure the mattress would be that useful. We think the last one went in on the bonnet of some Ferrari. Scratched the paint something rotten. The owner wasn’t to happy either.

If the seats are removable, you could lie them flat in a line (or next to each other) for an impromptu mattress that you could put safely away from the car's paint!

Not sure about how comfortable the buckles and belts would be, but some people are into that stuff !

:biggrin:

Seriously though... does anyone know if the seats are removable (easily?)?

JP

Yes, getting the seats.
My wife is neurotic about car seat installation and these will save me about 30min of time watching her put them in and then testing them for micromotion under stress. Probably save my rear seats from plastic defromation as well. Another benefit is satisfying my recurrent fantasy of sticking my kids in the trunk!

Probably save my rear seats from plastic defromation as well.

You have one stylish car if your rear seats sport 'fros! Fancy plastic ones too! :wink:

Another benefit is satisfying my recurrent fantasy of sticking my kids in the trunk!

I can totally relate to that... But now we will have the all-new frunk to threaten the brood with :biggrin:

JP