Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many will look into the F-150 Lightning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now with the CT delayed again with No timeline, who will jump ship now.

Hello Rivian.
Rivian has already stated that they expect to deliver their current 71K backlog by end of 2023. Whatever you order today, you ain't getting until 2024. Tesla only plans on producing 250K CT a year, sometime this decade. Gonna be tight for a long while

If Tesla can't deliver because supply chain issues, why would Rivian or Ford?

Ford is going to deliver in Spring.

BTW:

When asked about what else is holding back the Cybertruck besides battery production, Musk said that the pricing and what people are willing to pay for the included tech is the main issue “How do we make the Cybertruck affordable?” he said. The Cybertruck originallyhad a starting price of $39,900 at its unveiling event in 2019.

Last edited:
Rivian has already stated that they expect to deliver their current 71K backlog by end of 2023. Whatever you order today, you ain't getting until 2024. Tesla only plans on producing 250K CT a year, sometime this decade. Gonna be tight for a long while
you ain't getting a Cybertruck until maybe mid-2024 either and it will be a lot more than the $40k shown at unveil... get ready for quad-motors 1000hp CT Plaid at $100k only for the first year(s)

yeah. it won't. Tesla could sell 2x Model Y for $60k each with the battery needed to build just ONE Cybertruck

This is why I think the Cybertruck will be limited production at $100k with a smaller Slower truck being introduced. Those with CT reservations will have a choice of cancelling, ordering the $100k truck or moving over to the smaller one

So is it more or less than the online configurator? Dealer market adjustment take it over 100?
The dealer I am working with will not be charging ADM. It was a hair over 92 with the trailer towing and spray in bed liner. I don't tow but for 895 I think a pickup needs to have that option. I'll get the 7500 back thus making it a bit under 85.

I got a call from my dealer saying I can come in Monday to order a truck. This will make us an all electric family ( aside from toys). I am not terribly concerned about that but I do wonder, having a kid who will be driving, is insurance going to cost more than the truck with a 16 year old in a house with a Y and an aluminum electric truck?