Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many will look into the F-150 Lightning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked yesterday local F dealers and Mach e is marked up by as much as 7 k that is crazy!

Are you joining, right? Raising price over sticker price by 7k of sitting at the dealer parking lot Mach E’s is not same as raising prices on new order (plus teslas 3 and Y didn’t go up by that much over the year either).
There have been other examples and Ford had suppressed that behavior if reported.

Title: Ford Has Dealer Remove $10K Markup On Mach-E After Twitter Notices

Reactions: WhiteWi
I heard some people who pre ordered online but when car was delivered to dealer they were marked up. So?
I ordered mine online and paid $10K under MSRP, this is for an ICE F150. This is new to Ford and will adjust accordingly. Ford isn't stupid, they see where we are headed thanks to Tesla. They are pushing online ordering while at the same time taking way incentives.

If anyone has reserved a Lightning and the dealers has told them there will be a markup then they need to switch dealers to one who is not marking them up. It's easy. A bit more hassle than Tesla? Yes. Impossible? No.

I ordered mine online and paid $10K under MSRP, this is for an ICE F150. This is new to Ford and will adjust accordingly. Ford isn't stupid, they see where we are headed thanks to Tesla. They are pushing online ordering while at the same time taking way incentives.

If anyone has reserved a Lightning and the dealers has told them there will be a markup then they need to switch dealers to one who is not marking them up. It's easy. A bit more hassle than Tesla? Yes. Impossible? No.
Hahaha main word ICE f150. I bought Ram few years ago 10k under sticker price so what? Also all dealers in my area who have Mach E in stock are marked up. Do I need to go to different state to get a right dealer? Yes, Ford isn’t stupid but they too used to dealers system to change quickly.

Hahaha main word ICE f150. I bought Ram few years ago 10k under sticker price so what? Also all dealers in my area who have Mach E in stock are marked up. Do I need to go to different state to get a right dealer? Yes, Ford isn’t stupid but they too used to dealers system to change quickly.
I’m not exactly sure why Mach-E’s are marked up when the Model Y is superior to that vehicle. Even the GT has shown to be subpar as far a sheer acceleration numbers

I’m not exactly sure why Mach-E’s are marked up when the Model Y is superior to that vehicle. Even the GT has shown to be subpar as far a sheer acceleration numbers
Seriously. There are dozens of comparisons of features besides acceleration numbers. We are talking about what works for the masses not for a small subgroup. I do like the Tesla's but I see competition as a GREAT thing. They are various features that others like for the Ford EV products to the corresponding Tesla products. EVs against ICE and not Tesla against the world should be our motto. /box.

Reactions: TessP100D
Seriously. There are dozens of comparisons of features besides acceleration numbers. We are talking about what works for the masses not for a small subgroup. I do like the Tesla's but I see competition as a GREAT thing. They are various features that others like for the Ford EV products to the corresponding Tesla products. EVs against ICE and not Tesla against the world should be our motto. /box.
Yes......seriously, we are talking about the GT and Performance. As far as the lesser models, I can only think of two things that the Mach-E beats the Model Y in ..... styling and color choice, that's it.

Looks like Ford just hired the Tesla Software Guru that was in charge of the Model 3 Development......uh oh.....

not surprising... the F series is Fords bread & butter flagship and they can't afford any failures as it would hurt the brand substantially. They tend to do things "right" with that lineup and over-engineer unknown elements.

if the CT is substantially delayed or Tesla forces the yoke on everyone... the F150 lightning is a nice alternative (especially if the range in fact is very conservatively estimated and matches real life or is even beat)