Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many will look into the F-150 Lightning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A) I also bought F over this. I think they will do very well with it, eventually.

B) We, and probably lots of companies, plan to replace the “shop trucks” with these. A bit more range would be great, but it’s an excellent design for working trucks.

C) I have a tri-motor on order and will keep it on order, but I doubt Tesla talked to anyone who ever used a truck in business.

but I doubt Tesla talked to anyone who ever used a truck in business.
I’m not so sure. The small company I worked with had a fleet of about 30 pickups and it was the accountants who decided which trucks to buy. When they chose Ford, all the Chevy fans griped, when they bought Chevy’s all the Ford fans griped, etc. If the CT has at least similar functionality and dramatically lower operating costs, then the accountants will buy CT’s and just accept the griping as SOP.

I’m not so sure. The small company I worked with had a fleet of about 30 pickups and it was the accountants who decided which trucks to buy. When they chose Ford, all the Chevy fans griped, when they bought Chevy’s all the Ford fans griped, etc. If the CT has at least similar functionality and dramatically lower operating costs, then the accountants will buy CT’s and just accept the griping as SOP.

They are in luck with the EV Silverado also coming out. Split right down the middle 15 Fords and 15 Chevys

I am definitely considering the F150 Lightning. I really, really want the Cybertruck but the yoke is 100% a deal breaker so either they realize how stupid the yoke is and offer at least a wheel as an option or there is an aftermarket one made available.
I’m with you brother. Lots of deal breakers on the CT. Or should I say… alleged CT.