Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many will look into the F-150 Lightning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean Tesla already sees what is happening which is the reason they are and will open up the SC stations to all EV’s. It might be at a higher rate than Tesla’s but they will be available, the only advantage they had will be gone.
They are most likely opening the super chargers up to get some of the $billions from the new infrastructure mega spending

I looked into the F150 lightning, and determined that the lack of unrustable dent proof stainless steel exterior renders it undesirable to me.

Then you are not in the market for an EV Truck right now because there are no unsuitable dent proof stainless tell exterior's on the market or coming anytime soon. I still want to see how Tesla is going to sell this to the NHTSA when we went away from full steel bumpers in order to make an accident more survivable.

BTW, the Best Selling Vehicle in American has done just fine without that gimmick........

Then you are not in the market for an EV Truck right now because there are no unsuitable dent proof stainless tell exterior's on the market or coming anytime soon. I still want to see how Tesla is going to sell this to the NHTSA when we went away from full steel bumpers in order to make an accident more survivable.

BTW, the Best Selling Vehicle in American has done just fine without that gimmick........
There are NO EV trucks available yet. None.
I think Rivian will be first but none are out now.
As to the F-150 Lightening, I hope it is good but I am not very impressed with the Mach E so I’m skeptical.

I am not impressed with crazy marks up by Ford. They have a nerve to call it special. Boooo

Attachments

• 0344470B-814E-497C-8755-E1BEDCD4E14A.png
    0344470B-814E-497C-8755-E1BEDCD4E14A.png
    840.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 11C189F4-FA82-4AC5-A420-39E35B0CFAFC.png
    11C189F4-FA82-4AC5-A420-39E35B0CFAFC.png
    634.7 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: Bridor
There are NO EV trucks available yet. None.
I think Rivian will be first but none are out now.
As to the F-150 Lightening, I hope it is good but I am not very impressed with the Mach E so I’m skeptical.
Rivians started rolling off the line last week:

CT is now 2 years out. I have hedged my bets....

• Informative
Reactions: TessP100D and AquaY

having owned an "aluminum" F150... the panels are actually thicker than old gen F150 steel panels so they are more dent resistant while still saving weight. the gimmick of slamming a hammer into the side of a truck with no dent... well... that's just a gimmick. I just *hope* that the truck guys at Tesla understand the market better than the commentators here.

having owned an "aluminum" F150... the panels are actually thicker than old gen F150 steel panels so they are more dent resistant while still saving weight. the gimmick of slamming a hammer into the side of a truck with no dent... well... that's just a gimmick. I just *hope* that the truck guys at Tesla understand the market better than the commentators here.

The funny part will be when they actually end up with dents and then we will have plenty of threads complaining how Tesla lied..........

Best selling best smelling. Does popularity generate desirability to you? How original.... I am patient. Are you? Or do you desire to be like the crowd and fit in?

Cybertruck!

Reactions: WhiteWi
the F150 is largely aluminum panels and a steel frame... so the exterior panels most definitely won't rust either
Thats all and fine but time is the best source of evidence for that to the contrary. Doesnt quite meet the dent proof scratch proof tho. Only one piece of the pie quite frankly. Adjustable air suspension, rollup door bed cover, onboard outlets and air compressor, tailgate ramp.

Things that are unique. :3

Best selling best smelling. Does popularity generate desirability to you? How original.... I am patient. Are you? Or do you desire to be like the crowd and fit in?

Cybertruck!

So true I should be more original and fall in line with the 1 million Cybertruck Reservations……. You know, be like the rest of the crowd and fit in

• Disagree
Reactions: AquaY and WhiteWi