Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many will look into the F-150 Lightning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Head over to the Lightning Forums. Every order on Wave 1 has been filled. While Ford did not specifically make an EV chassis for the Lightning, they did work on making changes to the body. The F-150 rides like a Luxury Car and I believe Ford just wanted to use this generation as a test platform on an already great product. The next gen should be out in 2025 on its own platform. Basically one year after the Silverado and CT.

I'm on the waitlist and haven't heard a peep.

The F150 is not the best riding pickup. I've test driven them all and the Ram's coil over springs rear end is known to be the best riding but even then it doesn't ride like a luxury car. Not sure where you got that.

The F150 is not the best riding pickup. I've test driven them all and the Ram's coil over springs rear end is known to be the best riding but even then it doesn't ride like a luxury car. Not sure where you got that.

I got that from currently owning a 2021 ICE F-150. It’s rides like a luxury car and several reviews back it up. Granted my luxury car experience only includes Lexus and Acuras. Rides better than my Model 3 that’s for sure.

Reactions: SmartElectric

good thing the F150 lightning has an independent rear suspension and should ride as well or even better than the Ram.

I have a 2016 F-150 Limited....... the ride is very good but I would not say "Luxury car" good. For a truck, it's EXCELLENT.

If I were in the market to replace mine the Lightning would be one I would consider but with Fords history of "job 1", might want to wait a year or 2.

JMHO

So I did it. Ordered a XLT SR yesterday. $58k with options.

Wanted the pro, but it was sold out at the start of wave 2. I was #2 in line at my dealership.

Buying the XLT SR now, increases my chances of getting the 7500 tax credit. Would love the 2000 from CVRP, but I see in FEB the income limit drops to 200k. 300k was already an issue. So that's a no-go.

Only buying this as a value play. I predict it will hold its value incredibly well over the next 1-3 years while I await the quad-motor cybertruck. The demand is bonkers. So many bitter folks on the ford forums, that were not yet allocated a vehicle :). Dealers are already offering 5-10k for 'cancelled' orders so that they can markup and resell.

Attachments

• details 1-21-2022 10-45-49 AM.png
    details 1-21-2022 10-45-49 AM.png
    302.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
So I did it. Ordered a XLT SR yesterday. $58k with options.

Wanted the pro, but it was sold out at the start of wave 2. I was #2 in line at my dealership.

Buying the XLT SR now, increases my chances of getting the 7500 tax credit. Would love the 2000 from CVRP, but I see in FEB the income limit drops to 200k. 300k was already an issue. So that's a no-go.

Only buying this as a value play. I predict it will hold its value incredibly well over the next 1-3 years while I await the quad-motor cybertruck. The demand is bonkers. So many bitter folks on the ford forums, that were not yet allocated a vehicle :). Dealers are already offering 5-10k for 'cancelled' orders so that they can markup and resell.
If a dealer offered to pay me that money, I'd sell mine. I'm gonna order one though.

Placed my reservation literally minutes after the start of the presentation and got my invite yesterday just before noon. Right after, I got a call from my selected dealership asking to read the invite and for me to walk her through the process of ordering. Really excited about the truck but I’m so worried about the dealer making it up by thousands when it comes time to complete the order. I always said I’d go with whatever EV pickup came through first for me and Ford appears to have come through.

Placed my reservation literally minutes after the start of the presentation and got my invite yesterday just before noon. Right after, I got a call from my selected dealership asking to read the invite and for me to walk her through the process of ordering. Really excited about the truck but I’m so worried about the dealer making it up by thousands when it comes time to complete the order. I always said I’d go with whatever EV pickup came through first for me and Ford appears to have come through.
Get your dealer to agree to the price in writing ahead of time, but Ford is definitely making a concerted effort to crack down on those kinds of dealer shenanigans, and most dealers don’t attempt to markup customer orders.

I put in a reservation.... but the price & range are awful. I can't do it.
35k more for the same level vehicle is not cool. Recently did my 500mi each way trip. Made it in 7hrs 15mins.
the large battery F150 is rated at 300 miles ; the Rivian R1T is rated at 314 miles ; Tesla "promised" the AWD CT would have ~300 miles of range.... how in the world is a 300 mile official EPA range for the F150 "awful" ?

I reserved at 10:02. One of the first in the country. I went to my dealer and discussed the MSRP and had a deal. I was told I was first in line of course. When the leak came out about dealers could prioritize orders in December, I asked to be on that list to make sure I got an early build. They stated it wasn't necessary.

Well wave 1 comes and I did not get an invite to order. Dealer says someone booked at 9:58 and they got to order first now in front of me, but I am number 2.
Pro $40k trucks sold out in wave 1.

Well wave 2 started last week and no invite again.

Dealer states they don't know when I will be able to order. I saw people in wave 1 that just made a reservation a month ago and mine was 6 months ago. Again, dealerships are one of the reasons I own 2 Tesla's already. They are the bottle neck for Ford.

the large battery F150 is rated at 300 miles ; the Rivian R1T is rated at 314 miles ; Tesla "promised" the AWD CT would have ~300 miles of range.... how in the world is a 300 mile official EPA range for the F150 "awful" ?
$95k for 300mi is awful.
And that is the 'targeted estimated range'... so what is it in the real world? 275? 265? 280?