Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many will look into the F-150 Lightning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
with the shortage of semiconductors, parts etc.....how is rivian going to supply amazon AND customers.........amazon is going to suck up all the production for a long while is my guess
The same way Tesla is going to keep building 3, S, X, Y, CT, and Roadster for the public plus Semis for commercial users.... Oh wait.

But since we're all guessing here... I expect the margins are a lot better on the public units (hence Tesla not producing the semi) so they will produce as many of those as they can without breaking their contract w/ Amazon.

Does anyone know the impact on the Lightning of the F-150 and other vehicle lines shutdown at Ford?

Does anyone know the impact on the Lightning of the F-150 and other vehicle lines shutdown at Ford?

they usually cut production of low priced vehicles first before touching the golden goose F150

No impact. They are cutting production to have more available parts for the Lightning.

• Funny
Reactions: scottf200
Cutting production of the golden goose, best selling vehicle in the US for 20 plus years, to have parts for a new car would be a gutsy strategy!!! I doubt the stockholder wpild approve, including me.

Ahem ... 74 years
7icUwxR.jpg

Cutting production of the golden goose, best selling vehicle in the US for 20 plus years, to have parts for a new car would be a gutsy strategy!!! I doubt the stockholder wpild approve, including me.

Cutting production for dealer inventory to supply customer orders is actually a great strategy. Build Trucks that will sit on lots or build trucks that will be purchased upon arrival?

Cutting production for dealer inventory to supply customer orders is actually a great strategy. Build Trucks that will sit on lots or build trucks that will be purchased upon arrival?
I wonder how dealers would feel about this strategy? So many people buy what is available on the lot today, versus research, order, and wait as Tesla buyers do. Maybe it will speed the demise of the dealerships and movement toward manufacturer direct sales ala Tesla.

Ahem ... 74 years
7icUwxR.jpg
That is my point. They are shutting down existing F-150 lines. If that is to have parts for the EV Lightning that is a gutsy move. Those 74 years of F series trucks the diagram shows were all fossil-fueled.

I wonder how dealers would feel about this strategy? So many people buy what is available on the lot today, versus research, order, and wait as Tesla buyers do. Maybe it will speed the demise of the dealerships and movement toward manufacturer direct sales ala Tesla.

Right now at least with Ford, custom orders are priority. Hopefully you are correct that dealers will just serve as delivery centers with no salesman. But unfortunately there are still people who have the “want it now” mentality

Last edited:
Right now at least with Ford, custom orders are priority.
I think every order is a custom order now!

By me, if you go to any car dealer's lot the only thing they have are used vehicles. 2 years ago they would have 100+ new vehicles available to drive home today. Plus access hundreds more new vehicles from other dealerships they could get in a day or two.

We lease a new vehicle every couple of years, so these changes are very shocking for us.

These type of threads always so polarizing.

I'm probably going to get the one that I can get first and is around the $50-60k range (although I really lean towards that $40k CT).

I have no reservations at all so that's probably going to be hard but I'm hoping that once these are all out (2024?) there may be one I can snag.

But I couldn't wait for a truck so ended up getting a diesel Silverado 1500... I looked at the "hybrid" trucks (Ram, Ford) but they are just light hybrid and MPG on the diesel was much better. And... we have renewable diesel (not to be confused with biodiesel) so that's cleaner than hybrid. I MSRPs for almost $50k (and doesn't even have all the features I want) so I would expect an EV truck to cost more.

It should tide me over until one of these trucks have enough production numbers. I forgot how slow it is to drive an ICE... and it's huge... but I feel macho again. :)

I'm probably going to get the one that I can get first and is around the $50-60k range (although I really lean towards that $40k CT).

I have no reservations at all so that's probably going to be hard but I'm hoping that once these are all out (2024?) there may be one I can snag.

But I couldn't wait for a truck so ended up getting a diesel Silverado 1500... I looked at the "hybrid" trucks (Ram, Ford) but they are just light hybrid and MPG on the diesel was much better. And... we have renewable diesel (not to be confused with biodiesel) so that's cleaner than hybrid. I MSRPs for almost $50k (and doesn't even have all the features I want) so I would expect an EV truck to cost more.

It should tide me over until one of these trucks have enough production numbers. I forgot how slow it is to drive an ICE... and it's huge... but I feel macho again. :)
Macho and slow? 🤔

I could not wait any longer. I got lucky and found a 2022 –150 and bought it. After a week of driving this truck, it’s easy to see why the F-150 is so popular. It is really nice, and the fit and finish is fantastic… Tesla has a long ways to go.

I could not wait any longer. I got lucky and found a 2022 –150 and bought it. After a week of driving this truck, it’s easy to see why the F-150 is so popular. It is really nice, and the fit and finish is fantastic… Tesla has a long ways to go.
Couldn't find any F-150 Diesels or Hybrids in my area... they are nice though. But the Ram 1500 hybrid was the best drive to me... rear coils made for a smoother ride and the light hybrid helped with that quickness from stop (and has regen braking)... however, it has that rotary gear shifter which I really don't like.

Couldn't find any F-150 Diesels or Hybrids in my area... they are nice though. But the Ram 1500 hybrid was the best drive to me... rear coils made for a smoother ride and the light hybrid helped with that quickness from stop (and has regen braking)... however, it has that rotary gear shifter which I really don't like.
EV trucks are in the distance. Or is that a mirror trying to trick us? I don’t know.
the F-150 is the deal for now anyways.

Reactions: T3SLAROD