Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many will look into the F-150 Lightning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True. The Platinum editions are over 90K. $40K is for the base model.

Pickups are not cheap. Other pickups are even higher. Diesel RAMs in higher trim level push $100K.
and the Platinum trim level interior is pretty much on par with a decked out Mercedes in fit/finish/feel and runs circles around a Model S/X ... trucks can be work trucks or luxury trucks with high grade leather, wood trim, stitching, carbon/aluminum elements etc

and the Platinum trim level interior is pretty much on par with a decked out Mercedes in fit/finish/feel and runs circles around a Model S/X ... trucks can be work trucks or luxury trucks with high grade leather, wood trim, stitching, carbon/aluminum elements etc
Frankly - the Lariat interior trim level runs circles around Tesla interiors, in comfort and quality.

I have decided not to order a lightening. The ram limited interior is just too nice and too much cheaper than a Lightening Lariat. Placed the order for the ram. now just need to figure out how to get my $100 back from Ford and wish them well. I was excited to order a lightening but the product at the price point is not what I’m looking for.

I am very confident that CT prices will go up - even for reservation holders. At a minimum they will cancel the single model so the "base" truck will be $50k. Likely with a smaller battery. The 500-mile tri-motor will definitely be in the $90k range.
My guess it is like the Model 3. They will make the high-priced configuration first, then the mid-range, and as people get tired of waiting and buy the higher-priced versions, eventually drop the "base price" model.

Reactions: tren01t and WhiteWi
GM is starting off Silverado EV production with the lower cost work truck with a 400 mile option. That might be the sweet spot for those not wanting to take out a mortgage like loan.
source? I haven’t read that and I’m rather skeptical of the claim and the business philosophy that would lead GM to conclude that is their best and highest use of resources.

0728FE5E-AF37-4196-9476-D0BD0E50504A.jpeg

Almost there, looks like spring deliveries will happen.

The first are supposed to be shipped in May. I'm very interested in what the actual highway and towing mileage turns out to be. It's a good looking, well designed truck and it has the features I'm looking for. TFL Truck has one on order, and will be putting through the paces. For those that ordered here, please post your experiences.

Reactions: TessP100D
Ford seems to have made some great design decisions, understanding it's customer's needs and preferences...

The risk is can they deliver, in volume, at a rational price - all of which are very much at risk as far as I can tell.

With raw materials headed to a crunch, the big-battery-pack folks are gonna get clobbered. I will smile as moronic Humvee costs go thru the moon

Reactions: nativewolf
Finally got mine ordered. I received the “you didn’t make the cut, pleAse don’t can your order we hope to get you a 2023 model” email about a month ago, then just last week got a “it’s time to configured your order” email. The web site said June-July delivery when I configured it and committed the deposit. It did not, however, say in which year.

Reactions: Suns_PSD
Ford F150 Pros:
.Big frunk: 14.1 cubic feet, 400 pound capacity
.Motorized frunk: can be controlled by the app
.House power backup (setup with Sunrun)
.Plentiful outlets: Frunk: 4x 120V20A, 1x USB-C, 1x USB-C, Cab: 2x 120V20A,(and others not listed such as cigarette lighter outlet...), Bed: 4x 120V20A, 1x240V
.$7,500 Federal Tax Credit is still available for Ford EV

Ford F150 Cons:
.Range of 300 miles is still 200 miles short of CyberTruck (500 miles)
.150kW Fast DC while CyberTruck is 250 Fast DC
.non-Ford Fast DC chargers while Tesla has its own Tesla Superchargers

I am very much tempted to get Ford because there are more pros than cons.
Whats the dealer markup? $20K? You have to factor in that they will at least stealership your Federal Tax credit of $7500..

Whats the dealer markup? $20K? You have to factor in that they will at least stealership your Federal Tax credit of $7500..

We were talking about non-pandemic/non-Ukrainian war/non-quarantined-Shanghai prices when the outlook of conquering the disease was within the grasp and the promise of normalization of computer chips and parts would be soon.

Now, it's 2022 with the cutthroat prices.