Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many will look into the F-150 Lightning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be clear though, Tesla doesn't at the last second charged $20K to $40K over sticker price. I had placed a deposit (they are very careful with the language) for an F150 Lightning. The dealer called me when the allotments were going out to let me know that whenever my number came up, to expect to pay at least $10K and maybe as much as $40K over MSRP depending on the market at the time. That's outrageous. Some dealers aren't marking up the trucks like this — but many are. Additionally, my dealer told me I should cancel my order if I didn't like it to free up their allotment (Ford will move your deposit spot to another dealer upon request). These shenanigans were enough for me to order a Tesla instead and hope for a Rivian in the future. When I ordered the Tesla, I knew exactly what I was getting and how much it was going to cost.
"Shenanigans" Says it all. I thought Ford was going to make any and all orders online with delivery only to a designated dealer for delivery.

like it or not..
Again, when will Ford be taking reservations then for 2023? Or does the decision have to go to a committee of "Suits" for that?

How about a Reservation list for Reservations...?

probably when they have a clearer picture of order to delivery timelines. Like it or not ... Ford (and Cadillac with the Lyriq) don't think it's a great customer experience taking a full config/ order now and then delivering the car to the customer in 10-12 months.

Tesla let's you order a MY LR with 19" wheels *now* but the site states that delivery is April to July *next year* and forums are full with folks getting delivery dates pushed back once you get closer in.

Just a different approach. I would be ok with ordering now and waiting vs. ordering in November and getting it in April.

The more I have looked into the F150 Lightning the more I just don't think it will meet my needs. I actually was seriously considering it as an alternative to the Cybertruck until the past couple weeks. My biggest concern is still the charging, the non-Tesla networks are just not viable no matter what marketing lies companies spit out. If Tesla does open up supercharging that could remove that concern. My other concern is hearing that real world owners are getting ~250miles range out of the long range battery (from full charge). That's insane, if the Cybertruck can actually deliver anything close to the 500 mile range that is an incredible difference. The yoke is a 100% dealbreaker for me so I will just have to see what aftermarket wheels become available.
a CT delivering close to 500 miles would be EPA rated at least ~550 miles and Tesla won't sell you such a Cybertruck for less than ~$120k. So there's that.

the ~400 miles Silverado will be already $105k+ ... Tesla isn't in the business undercutting direct competition price wise by tens of thousands of $ when they have more orders than production capabilities. A very mundane AWD Model Y already costs close to $70k

Reactions: SmartElectric
...When I ordered the Tesla, I knew exactly what I was getting and how much it was going to cost.
Bingo. Without question. No searching for dealers that might keep their verbal promise for no markup on delivery, no need to get it in writing that they'd keep their word, no negotiating with the finance manager, no surprise "market adjustment" on delivery. I knew, to the penny, what I would pay for my Tesla when I ordered it online. Right now, in the current market, there are a number of cars that I would really like. I've driven them and they're good. Tesla's absolutely honest pricing and their supercharger network, balanced against the dealership mode and today's charging network, make it a no brainer. I hope both of those improve, it will be a delight to comparison shop cars in the future.

You have a dealer who doesn't do any of this? Great. Not in my area. Now if Tesla would only fix their service experience, and answer the phone.

Bingo. Without question. No searching for dealers that might keep their verbal promise for no markup on delivery, no need to get it in writing that they'd keep their word, no negotiating with the finance manager, no surprise "market adjustment" on delivery. I knew, to the penny, what I would pay for my Tesla when I ordered it online. Right now, in the current market, there are a number of cars that I would really like. I've driven them and they're good. Tesla's absolutely honest pricing and their supercharger network, balanced against the dealership mode and today's charging network, make it a no brainer. I hope both of those improve, it will be a delight to comparison shop cars in the future.

You have a dealer who doesn't do any of this? Great. Not in my area. Now if Tesla would only fix their service experience, and answer the phone.
Use the app. In my experience they respond quickly to the app. I've had two software issues in the last six months, and they have responded within the hour, and sent an update to fix the problem within two hours.

Reactions: SmartElectric
tempImagehDk8wy.jpg

Forgot the mandatory Pic

LoL. Ford is so innovative. How is that range with huge battery.

It’s actually very accurate, about 285 on 90% not bad at all…. Speaking of innovative, lately Genesis is eating Tesla’s lunch …and I like how a Tesla can back up your home like a Light…. Oh wait, you’re right, Ford doesn’t have Fat noises…