Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many windshields have you replaced on your Tesla?

How many windshield replacements on your Tesla?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
0 windshields over the course of ~200,000mi driven in 11 years of combined ownership (we've been a 2 Tesla household since ~2017). I attribute to setting large following distances on open highway and immediately inspecting for and repairing chips after suspected impacts. I stash a chip repair kit in the car for this purpose.

...knock on wood :D

Great point! I can't seem to figure out how to edit the dang thing.

(moderator note) you cant change it, but I added a "none" choice since it sounded like you wanted one.

========================================
(Regular content)

I have replaced 1 on my model 3 (4 years ownership), and none on my wifes model Y (5 months ownership)

Reactions: PMFTanx
REMEMBER: No mudflaps = x5 the following distance, switch lanes ASAP.

Program your brain to always look at the rear wheels of any vehicle above the sedan category,
especially pickup trucks with micropenile midget liftkits, they are real windshield killers
in addition to coal rolling EV drivers whom they perceive as an existential threat, as many of these
xxxxers live off the oil and coal industry, through jobs or mineral rights leases here in Appalachia.

OK to drive with a tiny chip, but ASAP replace the windshield if it cracks, even a few inches,
because this will breach its ability to withstand impact and protect you in an accident.

Last edited:
The very first Model S 2012 and 2013 had problems with the windshield cracking under normal road stress. I remember mine cracked over a small bump at highway speed. The guy that came out to replace it said Tesla was quietly replacing them with a slightly thicker version, (a sort of hush hush recall). The replacement has been good for 9 years now. Model S turns 10 years old in 7 days.

Mine cracked yesterday, and I have an appt next week at the local SC to get it replaced. Every now and then I'd hear a loud "pop" from the windshield while driving. Did anyone who had a stress crack ever experience that?

Mien cracked from the top center edge of the windshield, down the middle of the front cameras. For some reason the crack is being interpreted as rain/bad weather, so it's kicking my wiper blades on when they're set to auto mode - and of course, it's bright sunny skies for the rest of the week, with no need for wipers. :)