Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many Y do you spot in a day?

mark95476

Jun 21, 2020
Bay Area CA
I drove past a nice Y with temporary plates in Mountain View a few days ago. It had a unique aqua blue wrap/paint with oil slick features. I wish I had taken a picture as it's hard to describe.

JBT66

Oct 26, 2018
Florida
Not many Ys but becoming more common. I don’t leave the house most days. My neighbor just got an X and he has family members each with an S. Several 3s in the hood though. I think I’m the only Y owner.

Golden1

Aug 31, 2020
Birmingham
ZERO! Here in Alabama there are not many Teslas, let alone MYs...
I'm in Birmingham AL.....I see some Model 3, a few model S, and very few model Y (other than mine)...one of my friends has a Model X, and other has a 3. There have been increasing numbers in the past year. Everyday, I see 3-5 during my 15 mile commute.

RollTelsaRoll

Feb 16, 2021
Alabama
I'm in Birmingham AL.....I see some Model 3, a few model S, and very few model Y (other than mine)...one of my friends has a Model X, and other has a 3. There have been increasing numbers in the past year. Everyday, I see 3-5 during my 15 mile commute.
I have actually started seeing a few more around Tuscaloosa. We have a MYP. I have seen a couple Y’s and 3’s lately.

ThomasD

Nov 22, 2019
Breckenridge Co Ky
I have seen 2 Teslas since I moved 2 weeks ago. A silver Tesla towing a popup camper looked like it was loaded with too much weight. I also saw a Black one the other day. Those were in Elizabethtown KY. I haven't seen any in the county I live in

quadroplexor

Jun 11, 2020
San Diego
Usually three or four each way on my commute. That's not counting the two at work now.

My MY was first I had ever seen in person when I took delivery in June.

mark95476

Jun 21, 2020
Bay Area CA
This recent article confirms that SUVs will sell way more than sedans, even for Tesla.

"Despite the 8,060 Model 3 sedans that Tesla registered in California in Q1, the Model Y was once again the company’s biggest seller in the Golden State. The data suggests the Model Y was sold 12,227 times in Q1, making it a dominating victory for the all-electric crossover over its sibling sedan."

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC