Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many Y do you spot in a day?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
oh you'll come across lots of vehicles without ICE just southeast of Hershey in Amish country, just one or two horsepower though
My wife is originally from up near Dayton PA. Not *as big* of an Amish population as Lancaster/Hershey area, but you wander 10-15 minutes north of her childhood house and then *keep* heading North on a Sunday afternoon and there is ZERO chance you don't roll up on at least one (usually 4-6) of those... I am familiar!

I just noticed where you are. I grew up in Monterey Park and my father's mother lived in Alhambra about 10 miles away. It was long enough ago (my parents moved away in 1984) that hybrids were a pipe dream.

I still see more Model 3 than Model Y, but I see more of both now than S or X. When I bought my Model S in 2016 I would usually see one other S every time I went out. Rarely more than that. Now it's rare I don't see 5 or more in a 5 mile round trip. I ran some errands around town today and all I saw was one Model X. A light Tesla day.

I was amused last time I went to the market in Vancouver (Washington) and there were few cars in the parking lot (maybe 30), but 5 of them were Teslas. 1 Y, 2 M3s, and 2 Ss.

I work from home so I don't venture out every day.

Reactions: FOOLSLFDRVNG
I counted 11 model Y today on a 15 minute drive in my town which is very open and densely populated.

They were mostly dark silver, white and black in that order. I drove to the Location and saw 4 white Y. I arrived to the park, and was going to park next to 1 black Y but it was too narrow so I I found another spot between 2 dark silver Y. Then on my walk I saw another 4 Couldn’t tell if black or dark silver. I did see 1 or 2 model S and 3 but not as many as Y.

I think there’s just no competition. I did see my first Mach-E 2 days ago, 2 or 3 Taycan recently and 1 E Tron a month ago.

Used to be, I barely spotted any. Now I might see 1-2/day.