Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much do you pay for Model Y per month?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I were to pay cash for my MYP, my payment would be less than $100 a month for my car insurance. If I did near zero down payment, and added FSD and a tow hitch and red paint it would be around $1,200 a month for 72 months, or $1,700 a month for 48 months. Any information beyond that is frankly, none of your business. And all the information provided here is easily obtained via the Tesla order pages

Keith

Any information beyond that is frankly, none of your business
No need to be an ass about it. Just don’t answer if you don’t want to.

@hamzah1985 - @scottycs is right. There are too many variables, and every situation is different. $60k+ is a lot of money and you should think carefully, perhaps with the advice of a financial planner. But also factor in total cost of ownership… reduced fuel and maintenance expenses over the life of a Tesla often translate to a TCO that’s comparable with a lower-class legacy ICE vehicle that is much cheaper up front.

This question is usually asked by people who are considering buying this car, and seeing if they can afford the monthly payments.

The short answer is probably, easily over 600 and most likely in the 700’s and above. It’s not a cheap car, period. Just about all the aftermarket and fun stuff for it is also much higher than other ICE cars. Tires, rims, suspension, even little things like tint and interior accessories add up. Insurance is higher too. TBH the gas savings doesn’t come near to offsetting all these cost increases and I don’t think any Tesla owners would say it does.

Oh, and there’s the super high inflated prices in the post-pandemic marketplace making an already expensive car, unaffordable.

Unless you really love this car (like many here do) I’d wait or look elsewhere.

Reactions: coleman567
This question is usually asked by people who are considering buying this car, and seeing if they can afford the monthly payments.

I would add that, its usually asked by people who are considering buying this car and seeing if they can afford the monthly payments, who have only ever shopped for a car by looking at the monthly payment.

There are WAAY too many variables, just as you and everyone else says. Credit score, Interest rate, down payment amount, Taxes, whether taxes are paid up front or rolled into the loan, etc etc.

To the OP:

Shopping for a car based on the monthly payment is, in general, the worst way one can shop for it. Its very common for people who are looking at less expensive vehicles to do it that way, because thats all they may know how to do. Its less common for people in this price range of car to do it that way, or if they do, its because they know all the stuff that goes into that monthly payment.

A basic loan calculator at my bank (navy federal credit union) Auto Loan Calculator: Estimate Your Car Payment

Lets one play with loan sliders to see. A 60k loan, for 72 months, is a roughly 834 a month at 3% interest rate. Of course, a 60k car isnt a 60k loan (taxes, destination charges, upgraded paint / wheels perhaps).

There is NO actionable information the OP or anyone else can get from a thread like this (just like asking about peoples insurance rates). The OP can go to one of the many loan calculators online like the one I linked, or many others, put in the loan amount, term and interest rate to get a general idea.

Other than that, there is nothing posted here that will help the OP as far as actual numbers.

The short answer is probably, easily over 600 and most likely in the 700’s and above. It’s not a cheap car, period. Just about all the aftermarket and fun stuff for it is also much higher than other ICE cars. Tires, rims, suspension, even little things like tint and interior accessories add up. Insurance is higher too. TBH the gas savings doesn’t come near to offsetting all these cost increases and I don’t think any Tesla owners would say it does.

Oh, and there’s the super high inflated prices in the post-pandemic marketplace making an already expensive car, unaffordable.

Unless you really love this car (like many here do) I’d wait or look elsewhere.
I did total cost of ownership metrics and we actually save money all things considered. We were able to pull cost metrics using a combination of model 3 and y (because there is more data on the 3) compared to our paid off equinox that we were looking to replace with a similarly sized vehicle. The Y came out cheaper for the tco. Our insurance went down by 58.00 per 6 months, registration was cheaper 165 for 5 years vs 800 for the first year, 764 and so on., maintenance will be cheaper. Our electric bill went up about 40.00 a month vs 240.00 a month In gas. Plus local rebates in arizona