Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much do you weight?

How much do you weight?

• less then 200lb

Votes: 82 66.1%
  • 200-209lb

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • 210-220lb

Votes: 12 9.7%
  • 221lb and up

Votes: 24 19.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So did they say they would fix it or not?

I’m a “well built guy” cough... so suspect I’ll have the same issue however if the car is unable to take chubby people and they refuse to fix it then they should be making this clear at point of sale.

Also in case of offense I’m referring to myself as chubby no one else.

Reactions: P85_DA
We need

Option 5 - I have my own zip code

Option 6 - I step on a scale and it says "one at a time please"

Option 7 - I was baptized at Seaworld

Option 8 - My Model 3 has more curb weight than a Model X when I'm in it.

Option 9 - My Model X would set a record if it could tow me.

--

How much are you exceeding the tolerance by? These are always pretty conservative estimates.

This is disconcerting because I'm 6'6" with broad shoulders, so my lowest healthy weight is about 215lbs. Right now I'm about 240lbs with a bit of fat and muscle on me. One of the reasons I like the Model X is because of how comfortable it is for someone my size. If I had known the seat might not be able to support me, even at my lightest weight, then I would certainly have reconsidered other options.

This is disconcerting because I'm 6'6" with broad shoulders, so my lowest healthy weight is about 215lbs. Right now I'm about 240lbs with a bit of fat and muscle on me. One of the reasons I like the Model X is because of how comfortable it is for someone my size. If I had known the seat might not be able to support me, even at my lightest weight, then I would certainly have reconsidered other options.
Im 6'4 with a healthy bit of fat on me ;) and I will be a fair bit over that rating. My new seats are going to be wrecked if only rated to that. How does an American car maker with certain potential customers, only make something rated to 220lbs.

First of all before everyone gets worked up ...OP what do you have in writing to prove this notion it won’t support folks who are over 22x? ...Tesla employees are notorious for coming up with crazy comments like this ...show an engineering document or something that they can provide to you ..

I did indeed just "escalated this case to executive" at Tesla now, so once I will hear back from them, I will paste here

Hopefully Tesla just does the right thing and fixes your seat ..I can’t imagine liability etc if they actually produce a document that says exactly what you originally stated on weight

I am glad this is out in the open now. I was 219 this morning. I am going to eat a salad for lunch so I do not risk damaging my 220 pound rated Tesla seat on the way home. And by the way I am actually on a diet now (for past week) and I am not stopping until I am at 205. When I hit 209, I am coming back here to change my vote in the poll to the "200-209" category.

Sounds good to me. Diet over. It was a tough few hours.

Absolutely. I was wondering if there was a way to get an exception to get AP nag disabled and FSD sooner.

Reason is if I need to be a trailer and towed, I can’t apply pressure to the steering wheel upfront.

There’s gotta be a new tinder classification.

BBTD - big, beautiful Tesla driver.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
This thread premise was answered in 2016. Good thread with an email confirmation from Elon himself.

TLDR - there’s no published seat limitation. Not 250, not 225.

Too Fat for Tesla? (Model X)

I went through all 7 pages on that thread and they describe a completely different problem with the seat. It still good to see that the topic of weight limit was raised, and the people were freaking out about 250b limit when I was told that seat is rated up to 220lb.

I guess the good thing is that we don't have "2016" problem (seat rocking a bit) any longer and they fixed it, so hopefully they will fix that as well. That is the whole point of that thread anyway.

p.s. I did not find Elon's reply about weight limit other than "I will look into it"