Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how much does a alignment cost for a model 3 in Sunnvale, CA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a message for rear treads too low - got it checked by mobile center - who said rear tires are shaved off to < 2 - but front tires are almost brand new at 7.
recommended changing rear tires;
local repair shop put the goodyear tires on the rear - front original tires are michelin.
car has 18K miles. 2018 tesla M3.
But 200 miles later, message is still showing up.
local repair shop suggests they are not aware of any tpms resets - since they used the same tpms system - only replaced tires.
suggested I make an alignment appt with tesla to be safe..
Car is not pulling one side or other - so local shop is unsure if alignment is even needed..

The Sunnyvale Tesla gave an estimate of $450 for a 4 wheel alignment - which seemed way too high.

1. Do I need an alignment?
2. what is a reasonable cost? tesla app appt ? or should I got to any tesla approved tire center?
3. Is there a way to get rid of the warning ?

Unless your tires are wearing faster on inside/outside or have funny wear tracks, you probably don't need an alignment. My M3 is 2018 AWD and so are 3 of my coworker's. All of our M3 AWD rear tires are wearing 2 to 3 times faster than the front ones. So that' normal. I usually change the tires after it got down to about 3mm. I have a tread gauge from amazon. I have never seen the warning messages. How do they even know.. is there a sensor?

Have you tried the 2 buttons reset after you changed the tires? What about power down the car (there is a button in one of the menu I think), wait 2 minutes and power it back on? Or maybe you need to drive longer than 200 miles to reset the warning which seems a lot though.

And $450 seems high to me. I just had a 2-wheels alignment done for my front wheels (inside was wearing faster than outside by just a little), and it was $112.75 at Tesla Service center at Rancho Cucamonga, CA. Maybe you got the "Sunnyvale" surcharge LOL.