Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much does Home Charging installation cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i decided not to go with 100A service after realizing what a strain on my local power grid that would be. On super hot days everyone in the neighborhood runs their AC and the voltage in my car drops from 243V to like 228V.

I just set my car to not start charging until 3am when the strain on the grid is low. That also gives me the benefit of a freshly charged car in the morning that hasn't been sitting all night slowly losing range due to vampire drain.

I'm planning on purchasing a Tesla MS before the end of the year, so I'd like to get a general idea how much Home Charging Installation will cost me. My problem is that my garage is detached, and it is pretty far from my electric panel in my basement. However, my idea is that I can install the charger on the side of my house and run wires to my basement. It would definitely be less than 50 ft from the side of house to my panel. There's a supercharge about 10min away from my house, but I think it will become too troublesome if I need to go there every other day. I asked one of my co-worker's husband, and was told that it would be $1500-$2000. I thought it was way too high. Please let me know how much you have spent when you installed yours.
I used Angies List to get quotes. I didn't say anything about a Tesla Charger installation. I just asked them about running a 60AMP circuit about 30/40 feet. Ended up paying the person $450. Was quoted any where from $900-1200 just to do the electrical work.

I ended up buying the Tesla Wall Charger and the person installed it in the price.

Got a Nema14-50 installed for $285, then bought a portable charger and a wall hangar. Works and looks great.

Attachments

• IMG_2412.JPG
    IMG_2412.JPG
    295.4 KB · Views: 175
Reactions: s00nr1