Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much does it cost to patch a tire puncture?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming you don't know how to DIY, like myself.

We took it Canadian Tire and it cost us $109 + fees and Taxes.

This doesn't seem right. From what I remember it used to only cost $20-30 for a random Asian Garage. Granted that was ~10 years ago on an old ICE car. I wouldn't think inflation went up 500% in 10 years.

Doing a quick search on reddit/rfd suggests $40-50 seems to be the current rate. Any idea why Canadian Tire would charge us so much? I know big box stores usually charge more but I wouldn't think it's THAT much more? Is there something special with Tesla Tires that would warrant the increase in price?

I've never heard more complaints from any garage but Canadian Tire. A few weeks ago I was getting something from the service department and ended up waiting 15-20mins, 4 people came in to complain about repairs that weren't properly done. The last guy was screaming and talking about lawyering up. Don't ever go there!

i paid $50+ tax at Kal Tire couple weeks ago. But I always bring my car there for winter tire change so they may give me regular tesla discount
I haven't got a need to patch a Tesla tire, but I have been to Kal Tire for tire repairs quite a few times in the past. They always did it for free, even if my tire was not purchased there. What are the items charged on your bill?

I haven't got a need to patch a Tesla tire, but I have been to Kal Tire for tire repairs quite a few times in the past. They always did it for free, even if my tire was not purchased there. What are the items charged on your bill?
PXL_20210714_212851731.MP~3.jpg