Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much does the Tesla Semi burn per kilometer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla's electric truck was officially introduced recently. The long-awaited electric vehicle has a range of 805 kilometers in its top version and an energy consumption of 1.24 kWh per kilometer. These numbers from the manufacturer look pretty impressive for an electric truck.

Tesla Semi burns 1.85 TL per kilometer​

While Tesla avoided giving details about its new electric models, Elon Musk provided us with more information about Semi with a share he made. Tesla CEO stated that the performance of his electric trucks is even above the official figures.

Current efficiency is 1.7kWh/mile, but there is a clear path to 1.6, possibly 1.5
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) December 2, 2022
Speaking at the delivery event, Elon Musk announced that his electric vehicles have a consumption of 1.06 kWh per kilometer. Stating that this value can decrease to 0.99 kWh / km on a more open road, Musk stated that even 0.93 kWh / km is possible.

The first Tesla Semi delivery has been made!  Here are the details

The first Tesla Semi delivery has been made! Here are the details​

Tesla will hold an event today for the delivery of the Semi model at the GIGA Nevada campus. Here are the details about the new model…

With simple math, when we consider that the Tesla Semi consumes 1.06 kWh of energy per kilometer, we encounter a consumption value of 1.85 TL with the electricity used in homes. On the other hand, if we consider that a truck burns an average of 32 liters per 100 kilometers and calculate the price of diesel from 23 TL, we see a value of 7.36 TL per kilometer. Considering this way, the electric model looks really affordable.

On November 25, the Tesla Semi had completed a distance of approximately 800 kilometers with no extra charge. Stating that there is a height difference of 1,200 meters on the road, Tesla managed to successfully complete this test drive.

Tesla Semi delivery date

It is stated that Semi, which started the test with a 97 percent charge, has a 4 percent charge when the ride is finished. Considering all these values, it would not be wrong to say that the Tesla Semi has a battery of approximately 1,000 kWh. It is possible to fill the battery of the electric truck by 70 percent in 30 minutes. Of course, let's say that this period is not from 0 percent to 70 percent.

Tesla has not yet shared all the information about its electric models. In the future, we plan to reach more information about the electric truck. So what do you think about the Tesla Semi? You can share your views with us in the comments section.

The first Tesla Semi delivery has been made!​

You had me going! I assumed you meant delivery OF a Semi (to Pepsi) not a test delivery BY a Semi (of a trailer / load of cargo).

Looking forward to the day when the Tesla Semi's market share starts impacting the price of diesel.
I think the Semi should be impacting the price of TSLA already, but I don't think it is; the public (including traders) mostly don't grok the impact it'll have.

You had me going! I assumed you meant delivery OF a Semi (to Pepsi) not a test delivery BY a Semi (of a trailer / load of cargo).

Looking forward to the day when the Tesla Semi's market share starts impacting the price of diesel.
I think the Semi should be impacting the price of TSLA already, but I don't think it is; the public (including traders) mostly don't grok the impact it'll have.
The more I find out about that industry and that the other big boys have been working on e-trucks for a few years the less impact to it I think Tesla will have. Plus the limited number they'll product.