Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much for a set of bumpers? Considering street parking instead of $300/month garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A crazy thought for desperate times: if you park on the street, roll down the rear window and tape a plastic bag over the opening before leaving. Other people may think: 'poor guy already got broken into and had to cover it with plastic.' Thieves may think: 'easier to pull that off than break a different window.' Who knows?

Based on the stories I hear from friends and co-workers, plus the amount of auto glass I've seen in parking lots, I don't think the problem has gotten significantly better in the South Bay. Haven't had my window smashed again since removing the parcel shelf, though.
Man! In my world, we call relocating to avoid crime "moving to higher ground." I can't imagine electing to live in a place where crime was going to be a significant part of my lifestyle. Screw that. Just move to Austin and get a tech job that pays 50% while costs of living drop 80%. Enjoy the P3 with no real risk of crime. Win.

I don't think the problem has gotten significantly better in the South Bay. Haven't had my window smashed again since removing the parcel shelf, though.

In England we call that sort of crime ridden place 'Liverpool'.

---

To the OP: If you got a shipping container on rollers could it count as a parked vehicle? Then you just park the car inside it :p

Alternatively, try this:

Plenty of awesome posts here, am enjoying the different approaches. :)
In the end, I probably will go ahead and rent a garage spot somewhere. My wife just fell in love with an apartment without parking, so yeah, I'll probably bite the bullet.

I am planning to do paint protection film for half the car, so I may extend to back bumper if I street park.

And I love San Francisco, you cannot convince me otherwise! ;)

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA