Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much for full Vinyl Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey my tesla Y is being delivered this week and I seen a lot of really nice vinyl wraps. Just wondering what you folks paid for the wrap. I do live in Hawaii so I know prices may vary but at least I can get an expectation if I want to do it or not.

talking about a wrap not PPF. It is usally cheaper because its so thin like foil so it requires less work. XPEL Stealth PPF is one mother to work with because of its thickness.
Exactly. :) But whoa, I didn't know that folks were dropping $6k on PPF either. What's the ROI on that spend? I love my MY but it's still depreciating asset, no?

Exactly. :) But whoa, I didn't know that folks were dropping $6k on PPF either. What's the ROI on that spend? I love my MY but it's still depreciating asset, no?
Ask yourself, did you do PPF with your previous expensive cars prior to this Tesla. That's what I did. I drove many expensive cars, never did PPF, so I continue to don't do PPF. You can argue ICE cars have the "grill", but to me, it does not justify me enough for me to do PPF.

Ask yourself, did you do PPF with your previous expensive cars prior to this Tesla. That's what I did. I drove many expensive cars, never did PPF, so I continue to don't do PPF. You can argue ICE cars have the "grill", but to me, it does not justify me enough for me to do PPF.
Not quite the logic I would have used but yeah, I get it. To each his/her own I guess. If you wanted to keep the MY beyond the 8-year powertrain warranty then I guess it would make some sense. Personally, I am probably going to get into an updated MY at about year 3.

Also if you sell it can help keep the price higher to private party. Not your full return to apply it but maybe a little. Main points are Tesla paint is ultra thin. You wont have swirls do it will always look nice. It will be easier to wash. And if you get stealth or similar it alters the look so it is kind of like a color wrap and protects car.

• Helpful
Reactions: N1L CO2
I'm waiting for something like the Total Recall paint that I can change at any time on a whim..

fingernails.gif

I paid $2500 for the vinyl wrap. I looked at it before the PPF. It is super thin and subject to scratch, etc. Color choice is important also. A little crazy, but I paid another $5500 to cover it with PPF. So happy with it though.

Aren't wraps as easy to scratch as the paint itself? I think wraps are more to change color.

For protection it's more PPF (pint protection film)

As with anything with wheels, it depreciates. Putting money in now will not guarantee more returns later.

Different circumstances for people as well.

Ive never seen any documented testing that shows Tesla paint is any more/less thin than most other cars. In fact, this test shows the opposite.

Also, I've had several Model S loaners this year. ALmost all were at least 5 yrs old with 80k plus miles.I examined the front ends CLOSELY. No more hood/bumper chips than any other car of that age. And of the chips I saw? If given the chance I could nearly eliminate almost all with proper touchup methods. Would be a bit time consuming, but can easily be done with the proper technique.

• Informative
Reactions: Chris Redfield