Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Much for our Crashed Model X???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Funny
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Saw one this week, 'X' i believe. $40 some Thousand.
Another was $10K, for some family of parts. [of which you have several].
drivetrain, battery, interior, rear panels, gate,bumper. glass kit. Doors.
There would be individual parts sales. ...netting you a fortune, gaining you an ebay following like Bjorne in Oslo, but taking a season of time and the entire family's effort. Is a neighbor a budding mechanic, and another an ebay lister.? 'probbly not.
Suggestion is to watch several previous week's worth of 'completed' ebay auctions.(some actually sold = green, some not = red or black) and then, 'sold' auctions, fewer in number, [may of course reach zero, and be of no help]. hoping the crashed mkt is not too slow and thin. Ebay might help with a longer list back, sighting thin sales data.
As an aside a year ago, nov 2016, an ebay member put up a 'wanted' ebay ad,[ Ky, or Carolina's, i think.] Saying he would purchase for repair. or repair for owner. Would require ebay phone help to acquire username for an item that old. Would also require Tesla's acceptance back into the fold, as part of his [or similar] contract. Too wild for me.

I see you're up for a challenge.

Get a number in parenthesis after your name, on ebay, that's greater than one digit. Buy things, sell something small. If not done already. Keep 100%. after that (xy).

Join the 1 strike Carfax mkt. with yours. You can put your 'X' up there [ebay] with 50 great pics, estimate papers and lists and all. Let the market decide. For practice. Offer a higher, but works for you 'buy-it-now', Start auction very much lower, keep a hidden min. to watch what figure, and who, floats to the top surface. Max # of days, and ending sunday eve. - E and P time. Write-up, proof, check against in situ ads you find others writing. Finally pushing 'sell' or 'publish' [ie to List] at same chosen time-of-day as ending time, but 'max' days before. Plan to watch final hour live, and respond fully to every question all week. Expect to sell only after another, more realistic, refined round, after your practice time. If it was an 'S' I'd become a 'watch list' member. You'll get such a list, X owners who like repair parts.. Look them up, later, when auction ends, short of your minimum.
Repeat once again, readier to sell. Notify craigs-lists of your item number. Watchlist inhabitants from earlier, too. This time you're serious.
Of course, much more dense and mainstream is the clean carfax mkt. Shop for theoretical replacement veh. countrywide, concurrently. Learn exactly the car you will accept. Then watch only 'acceptable' 'practice' vehicles. Learn to throw out others within seconds of one wrong datapoint unique to you. Some, seemingly acceptable, will appear and stay a too long. Learn to predict that. Throw those out way before the expire by identifying that one thing that is to blame. Some will appear, & with short delay,12 or six, or hours later, will disappear. To be found only in 'sold' list moments later.. That's the right kind.! See those come and go. Time them. In the end that's how long you will have to research that particular car you happen to see one AM, at say 5. ( when you just happen to take another look & find yet another one )... push 'buy' some day, some week, when you've gotten to the place where you id the car and know its longevity will be short.. It already meets your specs, now it meets the market price. Expect to fly and drive home, unless you happen to be close or just lucky as to geography. Shipping would be for ICE cars, out of date with EV chargers free for lifetime cars.
Also call Tex.Dir.. get a fav. salesp. to befriend you by calling again, another day, til you have a fav. and finally ask that he/she alert you when candidates come in from - across/[down?] the street - tesla facility. Watch their ebay offers with same eyes as ebay individual owners who are upgrading. Plan to utilize [if you end up their cust. ] their buy on credit plan, and pay off one week later. Saving various costs. ask them.
Well, rambling. Sorry. But it all worked for me. [individual owner on ebay $30k off for 1 yr. used] and 'one day later' nearly identical vehicle, price, too. diff color, different flight path [Tx.D.] Just recalling some high points. Ca, Wash DC, Tx, Or. Fl., Co. are all likely fly/drive possibilities. Sell hi, Buy lo, think Springtime to be careful. Though one could be quick, instead.