Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much force to damage door handles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Casss

Aug 6, 2021
UK
Long story short…

How much force (pushing, jabbing, thumping) would it take to damage or misalign the magnet/servo innards of a door handle folks?

Just got the car back from a garage, door handle sticks out further than usual, and makes a weird grating noise (like metal scraping on plastic) when the handles present. Same garage I might add who have damaged another part of the interior with a tool (caught on sentry).

I don’t hold grudges, especially over minor grievances over inanimate objects but it’s got my heckles up that this place has damaged the car and been completely dishonest to me in person about it…. So wondering if any of you good folks have any thoughts. (Edit for clarity: on whether this can be caused by people simply being impatient or over-zealous with the handles)

Last edited:
Your handle most likely just needs adjusted properly from the symptoms you described. This is common & a quick/easy task for a Tesla Task. No need for law suits to rectify.
Appreciate it 👍glad to hear it’s an easy fix as I’d rather sort it and move on. Still curious if this is something that’s easy to cause by accident or if it just happens over time anyway. Edited post to clarify question.