Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much has your Model S cost you out of warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm at ~60,000 miles and currently I don't have any out of warranty costs, except for tires, annual service, and $70 to check my TPMS message but I did get a ~$1400 recommendation to replace my TPMS antenna to the new model and 4 new TPMS sensors. I was told 3 of 4 TPMS sensors failed in one month. The old TPMS sensors failing or on the brink of failing at 60k miles is not good. They should at least last 75k miles. I'll take a wait and see posture on the reports (or lack of reports) from the new TPMS for now unless a bunch of extra cash comes my way. I was quoted $200 each for replacement of the old TPMS sensors ($150 labor and $50 sensor). A lot of TPMS are a joke to me from the different manufacturers and the law requiring them is unnecessary. It should be optional. Checking tire pressure isn't difficult.

Huh?
Where from, when and why not me... :crying:

Just curious :tongue:

Peace,
Father Bill

No offense at all intended, but that is outrageous in both good and bad ways. First, I want that for new car purchases. Second, I think all CPO's should have that. Third, I'm ecstatic that you were able to get that.

- - - Updated - - -

I drive about 30K miles every year...and so far I have 38K miles on my car...any high mileage users like me bought the extended warranty?

4K for 1.5 yrs sounds too much to me.

Any thoughts?

Agreed, same boat. 1.5yrs and 4k doesn't hardly seem worth it. Although, I have heard that the $200 is transitioning into per visit instead of per item.

Not to be too off-topic but as of today between the 2 major vehicles in my fleet (2013 Tesla and 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 pickup truck), my dodge truck has been by far the most expensive vehicle to maintain. Today it will require $2,000 in brake work and an additional $800 to get the darn fuel gauge to work... sigh..