Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much is my 60kWh Model S worth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am hoping something like yours is available on the used market in the 45-50k range when my volt lease is up. If I was not tied to the volt for the next 26 months, I would be very interested in buying your car if it was in that price range. Much above 50k, you will probably start to have trouble moving it (but I could be wrong, as Model S's dont tend to stay on the used market for long.)

I am hoping something like yours is available on the used market in the 45-50k range when my volt lease is up. If I was not tied to the volt for the next 26 months, I would be very interested in buying your car if it was in that price range. Much above 50k, you will probably start to have trouble moving it (but I could be wrong, as Model S's dont tend to stay on the used market for long.)

They do have those 'take over my lease' websites so if the price is right, maybe you could work something out.

How often do those types of claims end up working out?

I believe it depends on state laws, but I filed one when I lived in Kansas. My parked 4 month old brand new Volvo was hit by a lady that confused the gas and break pedal when parking (no joke). The process was for me to request a diminished value claim from her insurance and they basically get to choose if and how much of a diminished value they would award. They ended up "awarding" me somewhere around $900 the first time. I immediately questioned this and after doing some research online, found a service(for a fee) that put together a response backed by some insurance research and tools available. They awarded me $900 more and a total of $1,800 after all was said and done. If I wasn't happy with that value, I could have technically went to court to question the amount offered, but I was OK with the $1,800 at that point.

OP, If you file a Dim value claim, make sure you do your homework and know your legal rights, because they are going to do everything possible to pay you as little as they can.

I got diminished value when my wife got rear ended at a stop light in my 2009 Nissan cube. We had it from new, and it was exactly 1 year 2 days from the date of purchase with 10,002 miles on the odometer. I took it for a independent appraise, they wrote up a appraisal with their opinion of how much of the value was lost due to the accident (as the vehicle was MINT before the accident). I easily got $3,500 for diminished value.