Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much is spent on EV tax credits so far?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The IEA determined that, as of 2016, 0.2% of all passenger vehicles (approximately 2 million) currently on the road worldwide are electric.
(interesting to review) Government incentives for plug-in electric vehicles - Wikipedia
google/internet search results are endlessly fascinating

Jul 17, 2015 - Energy subsidies are projected at US$5.3 trillion in 2015, or 6.5 percent of global GDP, according to a recent IMF study.
IMF Survey : Counting the Cost of Energy Subsidies

I know it cost ~$1.5 trillion for Trump Administration last tax cut - my share was zero.

Not sure of EU (thanks for helping out) share but most noted US government spending keeping you all safe.
+$1 trillion since 1979 killing & blowing up Afghanistan.
(on going wars costing extra; Iraq, Pakistan drones mostly, Somalia; Libya; Syria; Yemen)
other conflicts List of ongoing armed conflicts - Wikipedia
We just don't know why so many hate us.
You can thank US State Dept. & military for cheap laborers walking to Europe. We let 60 from Syria into US.
Unknown why about 22 veterans killing themselves each day.
Seems about 80% of US citizens would like all this to stop - Obama & Trump both promised they would - they lied.

Let us not talk about US healthcare - we are #1 for money spent ~18% US GDP - I know EU about half that.

• Informative
Reactions: voyager