Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much is Tesla spending to re-paint cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

Tracking some of the latest photos, it looks like they've started putting front end/rear end wrap on some cars. But it's not all cars, and there doesn't seem to be an obvious pattern to it (like cars that are on the front/back of the carrier get it). I can't get a good sense from the pics, if they are always wrapping S/X cars & just not wrapping 3's.

But there are so many threads here from people saying they had to get rock chip damage repaired, or other more serious paint rework done. Wonder how much cash they are burning through with all of the repairs they're doing vs. the minimal cost of wrapping the cars before they get on the carrier.

I honestly doubt they know themselves.

They're a lot less organized than you'd think. Imagine a brand new (like 6 months old or newer) startup.

It probably amounts to a rounding error and is lumped into some giant expense category like "material costs".

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
$10k to repaint my whole car, i am sure there is plenty of money being spent on local body shops for the rework, lots of body shops are scrambling trying to get tesla certified so they can get a piece of the tesla rework action.

Body shops around Fremont are raking it in, as well as any certified shop next to a tesla service center