Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much less will you spend on M3 options without $7500 credit?

How much less will you spend on Model 3 w/o $7500 credit

• $0 (Same amount of options)

Votes: 50 50.5%
  • $0 - 5000

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • $5000 - 10000

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • Not buy a Model 3

Votes: 15 15.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The existence of the tax credit had no bearing on my purchase, nor will the disappearance of it. But I hope many people ahead of me in line cancel or wait for AWD or standard battery or something else now that there's no incentive to purchase sooner.

If Tesla can promise me delivery by 12/31/17, I'll get the first production so I can be safe from the possible tax credit repeal. If this doesn't happen and the tax credit stays after 12/31/17, I'll get standard battery to ensure I can get the car before the credit gets cut into half.

If the tax credit disappears after 12/31/17, I'll be in no rush to get a Model 3. I'd either wait until AWD becomes available or wait longer for Tesla to work out potential issues and/or add new features.

You forgot an option I may pay more for options if the tax credit goes away. If I was going to be able to get the car this year I would take the early production. However since I haven't been asked to configure yet I doubt I will get it this year.

If I am waiting until next year anyways I was thinking of getting AWD. If the tax credit goes away I have less incentive to get an earlier car so I will wait for AWD.

Reactions: T34ME
I have not yet decided for certain whether to get the first car they offer me, or whether to wait for availability of the options I want. But whatever I decide, the tax credit or absence thereof will not influence my decisions. I would like P-AWD, and I do not want upgraded interior. But I also want the car as soon as I can get it. These two wants are in conflict. As for the tax credit, I'll take it if they give it to me, but it won't make any difference in my decision-making process.

Tax credit will only decide EAP upgrade for me...
I'm getting first production no matter which way this fed credit goes.
My state (PA) already legislated me out of their modest rebate ($1750) by putting a $50k MSRP limit on it. I'm actually Ok with that since now I know it's not going to someone who can afford a brand new S or X like me. I do wish it was set at $60k instead of $50k but...shrug.
I'm one of those who is crossing fingers daily that my current vehicle (05 Volvo, 150kmi) makes it without any significant, necessary fixes.

Tax credit will only decide EAP upgrade for me...
I'm getting first production no matter which way this fed credit goes.
My state (PA) already legislated me out of their modest rebate ($1750) by putting a $50k MSRP limit on it. I'm actually Ok with that since now I know it's not going to someone who can afford a brand new S or X like me. I do wish it was set at $60k instead of $50k but...shrug.
I'm one of those who is crossing fingers daily that my current vehicle (05 Volvo, 150kmi) makes it without any significant, necessary fixes.
You may want to check again. Oregon is instituting a $2500 tax rebate (not credit) starting Jan 1'18 for new EV's and though the cap is $50K it clearly says on base price. In which case anyone buying a Model 3 qualifies because the base price for the M3 is $35K.

Reactions: ElecFan
w/o tax credit I'm going to rethink whether to purchase, plan on retiring in a little over 2 years. However, I will wait until I get all the features I want though, do NOT want a black interior car in Texas if buying-)

I was in line on March 31st and that was why every person I talked to was there to ensure they were getting the tax credit with most saying they may not purchase without it:-0

Reactions: N5329K and SoCalGuy