Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much more is Auto Pilot worth in a used Model S

Value add of Auto Pilot (hardware & activated) v. No AP hardware in a 2014 Model

• $5,000 or less

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • ~$7,500

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • ~$10,000

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • ~$12,500

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • $15,000 or more

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you were looking at a early to mid 2014 Model S with no AP hardware and comparing it to a late 2014 Model S with AP hardware (activated), how much more would you pay for the car with AP?

For the sake of the poll, let's assume both cars are equipped equally and the non-AP car has the Tech Package.

They made RWD AP cars for months prior to the AWD option being available, and then as an option thereafter.

When I placed my order in early November 2014, shortly after the AP/AWD event in October, they gave me the option of adding AWD but it would have delayed the order until April 2015 at the earliest.

Let me answer it differently, because I was a candidate who was doing the same calculation in mind when I was shopping for S a few months earlier.

For me AP was a must have. And there were very few AP cars in CPO listed at that time. So I decided that unless a non AP car came up atleast $12k less than what I thought was a fair price for an equivalent AP model, it wouldn't interest me