Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

How much more range after 2021.4.6. update?

Software Version 2021.4.6 cryptically states:
"Your car will now display a slightly higher range to more accurately reflect the capacity of the battery."
Not having recorded the state of charge before today's update, to see whether the displayed increase is even noticeable,
can anyone enlighten me:

1. how much range was added?
2. what's the technical reason that prompted the adjustment?

P.S.: before anyone comments - I realize that the actual battery capacity has not changed

AlanSubie4Life

Efficiency Obsessed Member
Oct 22, 2018
San Diego
2. what's the technical reason that prompted the adjustment?

I believe this update took the 2021 3P to 315 rated miles (the nominal EPA rating) by adjusting the constant down to about 256Wh/rmi. Just based on various reports here.

Previously it displayed about 310 miles with the same ~80.6kWh (260Wh/rmi).

Don’t know of any other changes to displayed range for Model 3 for this update. I think the ranges are now final.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC