Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how much more traction can you add using Pewag snow chain on rwd?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I own a model SR+ rwd. Although I have winter tires installed past winter when I got my model 3 in Dec, I had couple episodes that my car stucked in the snow because the snow was more than 2 inch thick. Fortunately no one was behind me and I was able to plow away from the thick snow using slip start mode.

I am thinking of just order Pewag snow chain sold on tesla webiste now before next winter hits.
Model 3 Snow Chain - 18" Pewag Sport RSS 76

But I am wondering if it's worth it even the car already have winter tires.

How much more traction can you add using Pewag snow chain on rwd?
How much more thickness of snow can rwd plow through with snow chain added on snow tire?

Hello all,

I own a model SR+ rwd. Although I have winter tires installed past winter when I got my model 3 in Dec, I had couple episodes that my car stucked in the snow because the snow was more than 2 inch thick. Fortunately no one was behind me and I was able to plow away from the thick snow using slip start mode.

I am thinking of just order Pewag snow chain sold on tesla webiste now before next winter hits.
Model 3 Snow Chain - 18" Pewag Sport RSS 76

But I am wondering if it's worth it even the car already have winter tires.

How much more traction can you add using Pewag snow chain on rwd?
How much more thickness of snow can rwd plow through with snow chain added on snow tire?

What tires do you have? I have RWD and use studded Nokian Hakka 9, been pretty good with 12inch of snow and icy conditions in CO.

We bought the Pewag chains for the stock 18s over a year ago in anticipation of a trip across the Sierra. Sure enough, there was snow around Donner Pass, and chain controls were in place. I put on the chains, and the car performed great. RWD. To fully answer your question, I would have had to do the same drive twice, once with chains and once without, but of course that didn't happen.

This much.

They work great.

25822FE7-D663-4E29-9B47-99297EFA5233.jpeg

Reactions: CharleyBC