Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how much range did 40kwh model s have?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My average mph in an ICE is 20mph, I wonder how much further that would take me than the range at 60mph or even 40mph.

20mph is because of town driving not because I go along the highways at a snails pace. I'm not one of those people...

How much range did the 40kwh model S have?

EPA rated at 139 miles, to go with the 60's 208 miles and the 85's 265 miles:

Compare Side-by-Side

Every car sold in the US since the mid 80s gets one of these ratings, and the methodology is consistent, repeatable, and comparable. (But of course your results won't be the same as the EPA numbers depending on how, where , and when you drive.)

My average mph in an ICE is 20mph, I wonder how much further that would take me than the range at 60mph or even 40mph.

20mph is because of town driving not because I go along the highways at a snails pace. I'm not one of those people...

it depends on whether you're moving constantly or coming to a complete stop in stop and go traffic. Moving constantly at a very slow speed is very efficient in a Model S but due to its weight, stopping and starting will impact your range considerably.

Had a max rated range of 146 miles when I received it in 2013.
Dropped to 140 miles in 2014 after a software update.
Dropped to 133 miles in 2015 after a software update.
Dropped to 130 miles last week for an unknown reason.

That's not very encouraging. I do everything I can to keep the battery as good as possible, but it keeps dropping. I do not feel like it's battery degradation, but some software updates that create artificial degradation. I'm very disappointed ...