Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much to install Level 2 charger at condo?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok I know this is too generic of a question, but any resources / advice are appreciated.

I live in a condo, and informally asked the HOA about possibly installing a level 2 charger in a guest spot by the pool, so other condo owners could use it as well. This would require probably running a line underground about 50 ft or so to the parking spot. They claimed to have looked into it a few years ago getting a quote around $20,000. That seems egregious unless I am missing some specific information unique to this situation.

About how much should it cost? Does anyone know of reputable companies I could contact to get a quote?

Thanks!

Ok I know this is too generic of a question, but any resources / advice are appreciated.

I live in a condo, and informally asked the HOA about possibly installing a level 2 charger in a guest spot by the pool, so other condo owners could use it as well. This would require probably running a line underground about 50 ft or so to the parking spot. They claimed to have looked into it a few years ago getting a quote around $20,000. That seems egregious unless I am missing some specific information unique to this situation.

About how much should it cost? Does anyone know of reputable companies I could contact to get a quote?

Thanks!
while $20k seems absurdly high I don't know the level of service the condo currently has, what type of digging/wall work needs to be done. if the service needs to be upgraded that could add to the cost significantly and lastly if permitting is necessary that could be costly. I would get other quotes and then build a presentation for your HOA. as for who to call, any competent electrician should be able to do this type of work.