TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

How much to install Level 2 charger at condo?

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by ZeApelido, Oct 9, 2017.

1. ZeApelido

ZeApelido Member

Ok I know this is too generic of a question, but any resources / advice are appreciated.

I live in a condo, and informally asked the HOA about possibly installing a level 2 charger in a guest spot by the pool, so other condo owners could use it as well. This would require probably running a line underground about 50 ft or so to the parking spot. They claimed to have looked into it a few years ago getting a quote around $20,000. That seems egregious unless I am missing some specific information unique to this situation.

About how much should it cost? Does anyone know of reputable companies I could contact to get a quote?

Thanks!

2. KJD

KJD Supporting Member

3. kort677

kort677 Active Member

while $20k seems absurdly high I don't know the level of service the condo currently has, what type of digging/wall work needs to be done. if the service needs to be upgraded that could add to the cost significantly and lastly if permitting is necessary that could be costly. I would get other quotes and then build a presentation for your HOA. as for who to call, any competent electrician should be able to do this type of work.

4. miimura

miimura Active Member

In most HOA situations, if you want something done you need to get your own bids and present one or several solutions for approval. Asking for a solution is very unlikely to get any action.

• Helpful x 1