Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much was the additional cost for the metallic green paint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
97093FCF-BB46-46A9-8FDD-E547FA468B24.jpeg
Unfortunately my Model S was involved in a accident on Monday. Does anyone remember the original cost for the paint color in case it’s totaled?

Attachments

• D73DE833-74C3-4299-A432-5653740A4EF6.jpeg
    D73DE833-74C3-4299-A432-5653740A4EF6.jpeg
    765.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 4E496D94-2FCF-48BF-9C5C-F1312E7460C8.jpeg
    4E496D94-2FCF-48BF-9C5C-F1312E7460C8.jpeg
    562.5 KB · Views: 118
Ugh - hope all involved are OK. Sad to see the demise of a green S, it was always the best colour.
seriously I dono why they stopped the green.
When I move to leave the desert I'm gonna get the car painted, I'm hoping the cost difference at the body shop from the dark grey metallic to the green isn't much. Since insurance will pay for only the original color so I have to cover the difference with the color and door jambs.

Yikes! Let me mentally prepare myself then. I truly loved that car
Yea, we had a 2017 Model S totaled and it looked less damaged as well. I think one big deciding factor is if the battery is damaged. If it's totaled, the insurance will care about replacement value rather than how much it was new. They will find comparable cars and base their payout offer on. The silver lining for you is the fact that the current used car market is hot.

Reactions: jlv1
Yea, we had a 2017 Model S totaled and it looked less damaged as well. I think one big deciding factor is if the battery is damaged. If it's totaled, the insurance will care about replacement value rather than how much it was new. They will find comparable cars and base their payout offer on. The silver lining for you is the fact that the current used car market is hot.
If you don’t mind me asking. How long until they decided to total it?

If you don’t mind me asking. How long until they decided to total it?
One of my previous cars was totaled. The tear down by body shop took 2 days and then another 2 to get the insurance adjustor to review results. I got the replacement cost about 2 days later. With that level of body panel damage alone, I would prepare yourself for it to be totaled.

Your insurance co. should manage beginning to end, and look out for your interests. Mine even added in window tint and prorated DMV registration. Then they provided 4 comps based on actual vehicles for sale with the same specs to estimate replacement. That should work for you in today’s market. FYI, I have Allstate and they were great.

• Informative
Reactions: jlv1
One of my previous cars was totaled. The tear down by body shop took 2 days and then another 2 to get the insurance adjustor to review results. I got the replacement cost about 2 days later. With that level of body panel damage alone, I would prepare yourself for it to be totaled.

Your insurance co. should manage beginning to end, and look out for your interests. Mine even added in window tint and prorated DMV registration. Then they provided 4 comps based on actual vehicles for sale with the same specs to estimate replacement. That should work for you in today’s market. FYI, I have Allstate and they were great.
I’m gonna miss my free supercharging as well (sigh) Glad your insurance took good care of you! Also glad you’re safe as well!

Last edited:
I'm in the middle of this process. They just started the tear down at the body shop yesterday.

I'm torn both ways. I'll miss the pano roof if I have to replace it, but on the otherhand, I'll get to fully enjoy v3 SuperCharging speeds.

I'm about to attempt wrapping my 2015 P85D in a dark metallic green. Really excited as it's always been my fav color. Here's a picture of a newer MS done in exactly the wrap I bought: View attachment 743001
Funny, I’ve been thinking about doing my car in this: