Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much weight can the frunk support?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure what the max wt is, but I don't see why not. I have definitely come close to 50 lbs for road trips without any issue. Are you planning on doing this as a permanent solution or just to move the scooter from a to b once?

I'm not sure what the max wt is, but I don't see why not. I have definitely come close to 50 lbs for road trips without any issue. Are you planning on doing this as a permanent solution or just to move the scooter from a to b once?
I am doing the permanently so I may use the scooter to get around when I am charging. The reason I am asking about the weight is I want to make sure the scooter is not compressing the floor area against any electronics underneath it that may effect the normal operation of the car

I couldn't find anything in the manual, but this guy was talking about putting >200 lbs in the frunk. People chimed in and seemed to think the frunk on a model S had a load rating of 300 lbs. Assuming that is accurate, I would assume the model x is same or greater. So, 50 lbs shouldn't be an issue.

Personally, I would call your service center to double check. 50 lbs doesn't seem like much, but who knows.

Thinking of doing the same thing. Do you have a pic or link to the scooter you are considering? Obviously a folding model..
Thanks to everyone for your feedback. I will give SC a call.

Big John. Here is a pic of my scooter

FB_IMG_1527744584705.jpg

Take a look at this video,
at 5:16. This is what is under the frunk plastic tub. I've done this exact procedure to put a filter in my X and I can tell you the tub itself is really solid and it sits on, and screws into, the car's frame on both sides. I personally would have no concerns putting a 50 lb scooter in the frunk especially since that weight is distributed over the entire tub.

• Helpful
Reactions: Genie and X-pilot
Take a look at this video,
at 5:16. This is what is under the frunk plastic tub. I've done this exact procedure to put a filter in my X and I can tell you the tub itself is really solid and it sits on, and screws into, the car's frame on both sides. I personally would have no concerns putting a 50 lb scooter in the frunk especially since that weight is distributed over the entire tub.
That is very helpful. Thank you. I feel more confident in doing so now.

My Model X was making a terrible fan noise and it turned out that it was because we had loaded around 150lbs of camping gear in the frunk. Tesla just called to let us know this was too much. They removed the gear and the noise went away, but they called me to say that it's throwing "isolation alerts" so it won't drive. They'll need to charge me another 1-2 hrs of labor to diagnose @ $150/hr. :(

Anyone familiar with these "isolation alerts"?

50lbs shouldn't be a problem. I've taken my front compartment apart to add the Hanshow power funk and the tub should easily handle 50lbs long-term. If you plan to put a scooter in there daily, I highly recommend the power funk. It takes about an hour and makes it so much more useful.

Video link below. Note, I keep 3 adult sized razor scooters and helmets in my fronk for my kids to use when we supercharge:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yyFF7X1BXrj6o3kdA

• Helpful
Reactions: X-pilot
My Model X was making a terrible fan noise and it turned out that it was because we had loaded around 150lbs of camping gear in the frunk. Tesla just called to let us know this was too much. They removed the gear and the noise went away, but they called me to say that it's throwing "isolation alerts" so it won't drive. They'll need to charge me another 1-2 hrs of labor to diagnose @ $150/hr. :(

Anyone familiar with these "isolation alerts"?

Isolation Fault
12V issue and "isolation"