Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much will the battery drain?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually meant for my upcoming 10 day trip where I will leave the car at an airport.

Ah, you didn’t tell us that. You will lose upwards of 20% over 10 days (probably less). As long as you have whatever you need to get home +20% when you park, you should be fine. Resist the temptation to wake the car every day, just to check the charge level.

I do have to say, it is pretty ballsy to park your 5 day old Tesla at the airport for 10 days. I think I would take a Lyft or Uber myself.

I understand your concern. So far, I have not noticed any glitches. Everything works fine, including summon, etc. Only issues, so far, are some of the rubber moldings around the base of the falcon wing doors are loose, but I'll put that on a punch list if other things pop up in the next month or so.
That being said, my original question still stands: Is turning OFF: Cabin Overheat Protection, Smart Preconditioning and Climate Control the most I can do to limit battery drain in any lengthy period of inactivity or is there something additional?
Thanks again for any responses.

I understand your concern. So far, I have not noticed any glitches. Everything works fine, including summon, etc. Only issues, so far, are some of the rubber moldings around the base of the falcon wing doors are loose, but I'll put that on a punch list if other things pop up in the next month or so.
That being said, my original question still stands: Is turning OFF: Cabin Overheat Protection, Smart Preconditioning and Climate Control the most I can do to limit battery drain in any lengthy period of inactivity or is there something additional?
Thanks again for any responses.

The only other thing you could do, is perform a full power off AFTER you open the door to exit the vehicle for the last time. This will save you the first go to sleep interval. But Its impact over the 10 days, is negligible.

How do you do a 'full power off"?

It is pretty obvious. Controls--> EBrake and POWER OFF. Big button in the middle of the screen.

TBH though, it doesn't do much, because nothing is really strictly OFF. If you touch anything, or even walk up to the car, everything comes right back on. There is no way to actually shut everything. It does make the car go completely dark and quiet quickly, but "OFF" is more of a state of mind rather than a feature.

This is all covered in the owners manual. You really should study it before driving.

Thanks. I do remember seeing it several times. I HAVE studied the manual, but it is somewhat overwhelming. That, in addition to Tesla's constant updating means suggestions/observations gleaned from searching forums and google tend to be old and outdated if they were posted only a month of so ago.
I do appreciate all of the comments. I am learning and hope to be a useful contributor in the future

One thing to NOT do on you trip is constantly check the car with your phone app. The car will go into deep sleep if there are no demands on it. But each time you check with your phone app it has to wake up, respond with status, and that start the time cycle to go into sleep over again.