Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much would YOU pay for a true self driving car

How much would you pay for a tested, working, approved fully level 5 self driving feature? (USD)

• 0 *(I want it, but it should be in the price of the vehicle)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-2000 (I want it, but it should be cheaper than it is being advertised for)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2000-8000 (about as much as it is today)

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • 8000-15000 (I really want it)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • 15000+ (I REALLY REALLY WANT IT!)

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the things that the recent announcement has done is made me think about what the full self driving capability (FSDC) is worth. Then I wondered what it was worth to others.

So, ASSUMING that it existed, was tested, and approved for use in all the areas you NORMALLY go... what would you pay for the feature?

No fair saying "zero, cause it aint never gonna happen", that's not the question. Also no fair saying "zero, I don't want one of those things", there are already polls asking if you would do it or not.

This is for those people who WANT it, and would pay something for it, assuming it actually worked.

Voted +15k. Now we're talkning the full bells and whistles right - the whole shebang - just summon, say where you want to go and kick back 100% until you arrive version right? For that I would pay big buckaroonies. I would have mad value, as our Lodon friends would say.

Yup, the whole shebang... basically, a "Personal Tesla Uber" (push a button and it finds you, tell it where you want to go, and get in the back, and sit there reading or doing your work until the soft "ding, you have arrived sir or madam" goes off. Of course, that needs to be able to be personalized so that it can say something like "hey sh*%head, get the f&^# out of me!" if the owner prefers.

Yup, the whole shebang... basically, a "Personal Tesla Uber" (push a button and it finds you, tell it where you want to go, and get in the back, and sit there reading or doing your work until the soft "ding, you have arrived sir or madam" goes off. Of course, that needs to be able to be personalized so that it can say something like "hey sh*%head, get the f&^# out of me!" if the owner prefers.

I want Snoop Dogg to be my personal driver's voice and personality: "Fo shizzle my nizzle, we're here and it's about time for you to get up on outta here cuz".