Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much you pay for your M3 insurance in BC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will be get my first Tesla MY this year, just wondering how much more I will pay for the insurance. Currently I am driving a Lincoln MKX 2011, I paid $1700 last year, with almost the highest discount rate from ICBC.

I heard some Tesla owner in BC switch to BCAA for much lower insurance, is that true?

Thanks.

I haven't had much luck with BCAA. I found that the ICBC quote was better for me.

I shopped around for replacement insurance with private companies and Colwood's Replacement Insurance cost was the best. Under 2100 for 5 years worth of coverage (ICBC quoted me $1150 for one year alone!). I'm not convinced with BelAir either - beware that once you try to get a quote online, even if you don't do anything with that quote, be ready for their call centres to call you frequently to speak to you over the phone.

While/if you're speaking with the private companies like Hub International, Alpine insurance, etc - ask them what their private cost is for Optional Insurance (deductible, liability, comprehensive, etc.)

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I just moved back from Ontario after grad school and currently have no car & car insurance.
Does Tesla have ICBC folks at their dealership, cause I just got finance terms approved and Tesla is asking me to upload insurance papers. Bit confused

I just moved back from Ontario after grad school and currently have no car & car insurance.
Does Tesla have ICBC folks at their dealership, cause I just got finance terms approved and Tesla is asking me to upload insurance papers. Bit confused

You can ignore the insurance thing, I just took delivery last weekend in Vancouver, they have like 5 agents on site so don’t worry.

• Helpful
Sweet thanks bud. How accurate was delivery estimate in your case. For me its 8-12 weeks. Hoping its sooner.

When I talked to the SA, he told me if I ordered right away that I could have it by the end of the month but if I waited it would be September. The website said 1-2 weeks when I ordered so for me it was fairly accurate, I ordered June 17 and took delivery June 28.

As for insurance, I would consider BCAA optional coverage if you can, for pretty much the same price as ICBC, I got the same coverage and replacement cost plus.

• Helpful
When I talked to the SA, he told me if I ordered right away that I could have it by the end of the month but if I waited it would be September. The website said 1-2 weeks when I ordered so for me it was fairly accurate, I ordered June 17 and took delivery June 28.

As for insurance, I would consider BCAA optional coverage if you can, for pretty much the same price as ICBC, I got the same coverage and replacement cost plus.

Sounds good. Thanks for the info :)

For my SR+ it cost me about $3000 for $5 million liability, full comprehensive, Roadstar. No accidents, driver factor 0.577. Pleasure use. Will cost about $300-400 more to change back to business use when COVID blows over.

It ended up being just a couple hundred dollars more per year than my 8 yr old ICE coupe which is worth less than $10k at this point.

• Helpful
For those that went with BCAA, how did you manage to get the optional insurance at the day of delivery? Because they only have ICBC agents there.

Call BCAA ahead of time to set up the coverage you want. On the day of delivery, when the ICBC agent is getting everything ready, call BCAA and have them pull up your quote, they then make it active and you can sign the documents on your phone. They email you the paperwork and then mail it. Took me less than 10 minutes when I did my delivery.

I just got a quote for my upcoming Model 3 SR+ (awaiting a delivery date).

I live in Greater Vancouver. I have 14 years driving history - no accidents or tickets.

ICBC - basic $1139 + optional $2800.

Optional through BCAA - $1947
Optional through Belairdirect - $1458 (with their app that monitors your driving)
Optional through Stratford Underwriting - $1477

HUGE difference of $1300+ savings over ICBC for Stratford & Belairdirect.

All quotes included $3M liability, $500 collision deductible, $300 comprehensive, rental car coverage, loss of use, and new vehicle replacement cost insurance.

• Informative
Reactions: fidodido

I live in Greater Vancouver. I have 14 years driving history - no accidents or tickets.

Optional through Belairdirect - $1458 (with their app that monitors your driving)

All quotes included $3M liability, $500 collision deductible, $300 comprehensive, rental car coverage, loss of use, and new vehicle replacement cost insurance.

I never heard of Stratford Underwriting. How are they?

My BCAA optional with 2M + $500 collison + $300 Comprehensive + replacement cost insurance came to $1650 for two drivers, no accidents and tickets and each with 13 years of driving history in LM.