Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How my 24 hour loan made me cancel my order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Xenius

Apr 24, 2015
Havertown, PA
It didn't, hah, if anything I want mine even more badly now.

Ok, just a few thoughts from a Tesla not-yet-owner. My DS arranged for me to take a 70D for a 24 hour test drive, so I could do things like see if my driveway was big enough (not for a Tesla and a Forester!) and try out trickle charging.

I've been on three previous test drives (with a Tesla employee). This was the first time without supervision. My wife and I went to the Devon, PA dealership yesterday to pick the car up about 4:30 in the afternoon. Our salesperson Ian, was awesome. He knew that I knew what I was doing and just gave us a very brief overview of some of the new features since last time I drove.

Now the actual driving, simply awesome, but you all knew that. The smoothness with which this 5,000 LB computer on wheels throws itself around is just amazing, big 'ole *sugar* eating grin, amazing. The acceleration, the handling, that massive screen, the panoramic roof and controls for it. Driving home was the best 25 minute car drive we've ever had. Wife left for a bit as soon as we got home and later that night when I had come back even though she was basically ready for bed she wanted to go for a drive before we retired for the night. After her drive I'm almost positive I can get her to give up the Subaru obsession and take over our 3 reservation :)

This morning I went a circuitous route to work so I could get on some highways with (relatively) little traffic. I finally figured out autosteer (yesterday I kept flashing people trying to figure out wtf I was doing wrong). Autosteer worked great, it was such an effortless drive. Contrary to what the naysayers say, I feel that I had MORE situational awareness using autosteer because I was looking around like a wide eyed kid on his first trip to Disneyland. I played with the length adjustment for how far the T would keep itself from the car in front. Also tried out the lane change assist several times. I honestly can't wait to go drive more. Never been a car guy, and never particularly enjoyed driving other than a way to get from A to B, this is all going to change.

So. Much. Fun. Hot damn.

It didn't, hah, if anything I want mine even more badly now.

Ok, just a few thoughts from a Tesla not-yet-owner. My DS arranged for me to take a 70D for a 24 hour test drive, so I could do things like see if my driveway was big enough (not for a Tesla and a Forester!) and try out trickle charging.

I've been on three previous test drives (with a Tesla employee). This was the first time without supervision. My wife and I went to the Devon, PA dealership yesterday to pick the car up about 4:30 in the afternoon. Our salesperson Ian, was awesome. He knew that I knew what I was doing and just gave us a very brief overview of some of the new features since last time I drove.

Now the actual driving, simply awesome, but you all knew that. The smoothness with which this 5,000 LB computer on wheels throws itself around is just amazing, big 'ole *sugar* eating grin, amazing. The acceleration, the handling, that massive screen, the panoramic roof and controls for it. Driving home was the best 25 minute car drive we've ever had. Wife left for a bit as soon as we got home and later that night when I had come back even though she was basically ready for bed she wanted to go for a drive before we retired for the night. After her drive I'm almost positive I can get her to give up the Subaru obsession and take over our 3 reservation :)

This morning I went a circuitous route to work so I could get on some highways with (relatively) little traffic. I finally figured out autosteer (yesterday I kept flashing people trying to figure out wtf I was doing wrong). Autosteer worked great, it was such an effortless drive. Contrary to what the naysayers say, I feel that I had MORE situational awareness using autosteer because I was looking around like a wide eyed kid on his first trip to Disneyland. I played with the length adjustment for how far the T would keep itself from the car in front. Also tried out the lane change assist several times. I honestly can't wait to go drive more. Never been a car guy, and never particularly enjoyed driving other than a way to get from A to B, this is all going to change.

So. Much. Fun. Hot damn.

24 hours test drives are the best

Devon, PA is not a dealership. It is a Service Center. Tesla does not have dealers.
Capture.PNG

The Devon branch, is a licensed "branch" of a licensed dealership. Tesla has a lot of dealerships that are wholly owned subsidiaries of Tesla Motors Inc. In most states, you can't legally sell new cars without a dealership license. Several states refuse to issue dealer licenses to vehicle manufacturers or wholly owned subsidiaries of manufacturers, so there are some states in which Tesla has no dealers, but PA is not one of them.

I had a minimal test drive where my wife and I took turns and I was sold before we even started the car.

The interior feel of being hugged by that great next gen seating, the screen is a lot brighter in person than on videos I have seen and it is truly a beauty, and then just the instrumental panel. It is a pleasure to be so surrounded by technology and see what this car entails.

Ordered 2 days ago...trying to be patient just through the confirmation period, let alone production and delivery! long way to go.

Congrats!

But how are people getting cars for overnight test drives?
I went into my local SC and asked for a p90d to test out, and they refused my request. I was an s85 without autopilot owner and wanted to test out the new features before deciding whether or not to upgrade
Still upgraded!
But I left the place feeling silly for asking

Say it! Say it.........Heisenberg! Love it :)
So, Xenius talks about how much he loves the car and can't wait for one of his own and this is what he gets:
"Devon, PA is not a dealership. It is a Service Center. Tesla does not have dealers." :)
Sheeesh, this forum can be so sensitive. Good luck Xenius. This forum is how I am getting thru the next 6 weeks or so until my ship comes in...............it does float right? :)
Ok, no snide comments please, I do know not to attempt driving through 3 foot puddles :)