Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How noticeable is the acceleration boost from a dual motor long range to a performance Model 3?

Candleflame

Mar 9, 2015
QLD, Australia
Not necessarily. I have a LR RWD with no emblem. And many people who purchase the AWD or Performance models elect not to add the badges. I suppose someone with an SR+ could buy an emblem to make it look like they have a higher trim level if they really wanted to. But I don’t think it happens very often.

LR RWD doesnt have an emblem to start with.

dmurphy

Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2018
New Jersey - Morris County
I want people to think I have the cheapest one, for many reasons. Plus I HATE badges. So want to remove the 'DUAL MOTOR' badge since day 1... BUT, are there any holes behind it? I assume the answer is NO, since some models don't have a badge, but rather ask first :). Thanks.

No holes - just use a hair dryer (gently!) and a piece of dental floss to remove.
Haven’t seen holes like that since the 70s. :)

I want people to think I have the cheapest one, for many reasons. Plus I HATE badges. So want to remove the 'DUAL MOTOR' badge since day 1... BUT, are there any holes behind it? I assume the answer is NO, since some models don't have a badge, but rather ask first :). Thanks.

I feel ya! Same here. I de-badged my stealth completely, but added a "wolf in sheep's clothing" sticker to indicate that maybe I'm hiding something. Then I added the Mazda license frames to add to the nonsense. :D

hRsd9Ud.jpg

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
How noticeable is the improvement from the 4.4 seconds 0-60 of the dual motor long range model to the 3.2 seconds of the performance model? I know it's 1.2 seconds quicker to 60 but how does that translate to the seat of the pants experience of driving the car?

The semi-quant way to express this is the ratio of max G force between the two cars

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC